Wednesday, March 1, 2017

A slow moving Hodgepodge as time MARCHES on

Golly, has it already been a week?
They say time flies when you're having fun...so I must having fun because the time, it is a-flyin'.
The hodgepodge questions are about all things slow but before we get to them,
I'd like to share a few photos from my latest venture in the country last Friday.
 

I love it when fog and sun come together.
 
The simplest object becomes a thing of beauty.

 
These already magnificent animals become even more magnificent in the early morning mist.
 
 
This beauty must have thought I came bearing goodies.
 
I had none but she didn't seem to mind.
 
 

This guy didn't move a muscle as I snapped away, still not getting the best shot in the world.
I was beginning to think he was a decoy and I am still not totally convinced he wasn't.

So...okay let's do this.


Join me across the pond where Joyce asks the hard questions 
and we answer them on our blogs.
~
1. 'Slow and steady wins the race'...tell us about a time this was true in your own life. 

I don't recall a specific situation at the moment but I think the older I get, the more I am learning to live my life in general this way...most of the time anyway. Partly because the older I get, the slower I get! Not granny slow...and this is not meant to imply anything in particular...heck, I've been a granny since I was 45 years old! It also means that I am learning more and more to wait on the Lord instead of rushing ahead with my own agenda. Like I said, most of the time :)

2. 'As slow as molasses'...Do you like molasses? How about maple syrup? Caramel? Butterscotch? What's your favorite of the slow moving treats mentioned here, and what's your favorite food made with that sweet treat?

When I was a kid, my mom always had molasses in the pantry and I remember putting it on pancakes. She also made her own maple syrup at times and I remember it being very thin, unlike the molasses and although I liked the taste, I preferred the consistency of the molasses. Her homemade syrup soaked into the pancakes and disappeared! I do like caramel but you can keep the butterscotch. My fave is maple syrup and I always have some on my sausage and bacon.

3. Your favorite slow song?

I had to ponder this one a bit because many song I love are slow and worshipful. A particular one that comes to mind at the moment is "Good, Good, Father" by Chris Tomlin. It's been around a while now but just in case you've never heard it here it is.

 
4. Your favorite thing to make in a slow cooker or crock pot?
There are a couple. Roast beef with mushrooms, onions, potatoes and carrots and the other would be cabbage rolls.
 
5. 'You may delay, but time will not.' ~Benjamin Franklin Are you more a hurrier or a delayer when it comes to unpleasant tasks that need doing? What are you currently either delaying or hurrying to get through this week or month?
 
I think I may have addressed that issue on another blog (or my own) OR on another hodgepodge recently. I seem to work best under pressure. I am a delayer sometimes because I don't want to have to do it, whatever it is twice. My hubs is just the opposite and it drives me crazy. He wears himself out just thinking about it before he even gets started and then he gets all "huffy-puffy" (that's what our boys used to say and it stuck) until someone tells him to just go sit down before he has a heart attack!
 
6. Tell us three things you encounter regularly or even just occasionally that you find to be annoyingly slow.
 
1. Drivers in vehicles in front of me.
2. A computer that has issues.
3. My metabolism.

7. March is National Craft Month. Are you crafty? Tell us about something crafty you'll try in the next thirty one days. Or something crafty you'd like to try or wish you had the skill to make happen.

I guess I would consider myself pretty crafty...at least when I am in the mood. My current project is redoing my craft room...I kid you not! Well, it's not actually just a craft room. This room is also my office, sewing or anything-else-that-I might-be-doing room. You could call what I'm doing decorating but when you are painting things, sewing things like curtains and/or other similar actions, I call that crafting as well. There may even be a blog post if it turns out according to plan :)

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Many things can slow us down but there is one thing for certain...time is MARCH-ing on...and quite quickly. It's time to rip another page off that calendar!


Happy March, y'all!

40 comments:

  1. You're doing a lot of crafting! Would enjoy seeing what you create. Completely agree re: a slow metabolism. I have hypothyroidism and often wish it would be more "hyper." Cabbage rolls in the slow cooker sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photo's Debby! I love the mist in them, it does really make them a thing of beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos, Debby...just WOW! I really love the ones of the horses. We sing "Good, Good Father" frequently in our church choir. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debby, Debby, Debby! Your photos are absolutely stunning. I just sat and stared at them for the longest while. Fog and sun are a most lovely combination indeed.

    Have a beautiful week,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Debby! That photo of the horse? I saw a heart shape from his nose to his mouth. How fun it that?
    I did laugh out loud about your listing 'metabolism' with the slow things. That's so funny because it's so true!! And no offense at the 'granny slow' thing either. I have 5 1/2 grandchildren, and I am plenty slow, but hopefully I can still keep up with those squirmy worms :)
    The only thing I use molasses for is gingerbread cookies. I prefer Aunt Jemima syrup for my pancakes. Which actually I hardly ever eat anymore. You know, the metabolism thing.
    Have a wonderful week!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thoses horses are truly magnificent, my friend! I know my son would LOVE to see your images as he thoroughly enjoys horses :)

    Thank you for this lovely post, dear Debby. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning photographs, a joy to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Metabolism! I definitely should have used that one in my answer!! Your photos are stunning. Wow-so pretty. I especially love the second one with the fence.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your gorgeous photos, Debby! And my mom made her own syrup too, which was thinner than anything we buy. It was made with water and sugar and Mapeline. Maybe it's the same as you're remembering. Have fun with your craft room. I'm still trying to organize! You're welcome to come visit beautiful Wisconsin. I'd avoid November through April, though. :-)). xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. My first time visiting here and I really enjoyed it. Such beautiful photos!! And goodness how did I not think of metabolism? A good one! Good good father is definitely up there at the top of my worship music fav's. The new one by Mercy Me, Even If, is quickly becoming a new all time favorite too. I didn't consider worship music and that was kind of dumb as that is all I listen to these days most of the time anyway, lol. I dug into my past. Anyway, enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The horse photos are just beautiful...love the backgrounds. Your timing was perfect for these. I'm off to listen to this song too! Hugs1

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful photo captures once again...
    Learning more about you and your comments are always so heart felt!
    Your choice of song is one of our favorites also!
    Happy March!
    Hugs, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your photos are amazing! I like the Chris Tomlin song you shared. I think that learning to slow down comes gradually as we age. I'm still at a point of running ninety miles an hour with my kiddos. Roast beef is a slow cooker favorite at my house, too. Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The second picture is my favorite. I love foggy pictures.
    Chili is my favorite in the slow cooker.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It has been foggy all day and I never once considered it a photo op. Beautiful photos. So you are redoing your craft room? And, of course, you'll share. 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Debby, your photos of the fog and sunshine are mysterious and beautiful. Redoing your craft room sounds like a (mostly) fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such beautiful photos! I laughed when I read your answer about your metabolism being slow :) I could have answered the same but I wasn't clever enough. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those foggy scenes are absolutely gorgeous. I don't like driving in a heavy fog, but getting pictures,well that makes even driving more enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your house is really getting refreshed! Redoing a craft room sounds like a good crafty project! I enjoyed your answers --and your photos as always!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I always LOVE your photography! Many mornings here in the mountains, we have fog. You have captured so many pretty pics. Have fun with the craft room.
    I'm taking a little break to do spring cleaning!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful photos, Debby! I never think to get out and snap some pictures when it is foggy. I enjoyed your hodgepodge answers. I can really relate to numbers 5 and 6! Huffy-puffy, yep...that is about right! lol! My computer is slow, too, as is my metabolism, and those slow drivers are so annoying.
    Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. As I come to the end of the day it was a pleasure to read your Hodge podge, Debby. I feel like I'm sitting over a cup of tea with you and just sharing life moments, or listening to your life moments. I love it!

    Your photos are stunning! Fog certainly does something magical in photos, doesn't it?
    We rarely get fog here.

    Blessings~~

    ReplyDelete
  23. As I come to the end of the day it was a pleasure to read your Hodge podge, Debby. I feel like I'm sitting over a cup of tea with you and just sharing life moments, or listening to your life moments. I love it!

    Your photos are stunning! Fog certainly does something magical in photos, doesn't it?
    We rarely get fog here.

    Blessings~~

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just think life flies by quicker than quick....fullstop! =) Gorgeous photos. Those horses are majestic in the fog. There is just something about foggy, misty days. I always enjoy reading your hodgepodge questions, Debbie. I too wish my metabolism would pick up the pace a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your photos through the fog are stunningly beautiful, dear Debby! I wish I could drive along with you and see that beauty in person. I look forward to seeing your craft room's redo. Have a happy day....xo

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Debbie, WOW your photos are incredible with the filter of the fog. You have such a great talent for capturing the best details in your photos. The mallard duck is adorable and my hubby just added a duck chlorinator to our pool that looks just like this one. haha! It looks real~
    I enjoyed your hodgepodge!! Have a blessed weekend ahead. xo

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your photos are just breathtaking! They look like something I would find in a magazine! I especially love the one at the top...to me, it looks like a heart shape framed by the tree branches with the sun peeking through...a little love note from God to you, and now you have passed it on to us! Thank you for all you do, sweet friend. Sending you love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am always mesmerized by your photos, Debby. And those horses!!! You know, horses are probably my favorite animal, and I love seeing them graze in the grass. I hear ya on the slow computers, that's so annoying. That watch picture is so beautiful.

    I hope you have many wonderful March days, Debby.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  29. I did enjoy reading this...seems like I am slower than molasses these days!

    ReplyDelete
  30. BEAUTIFUL photos of Gods handywork! Amazing ! Thank you ! God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  31. Such beautiful photos! The fog always makes things look mysterious and beautiful. When my children were little I would say it was really "froggy" out, and I still half expect to see frogs hopping about on a foggy day!
    Caramel is my favorite! Only use molasses in gingerbread but that's a must have! xo

    ReplyDelete
  32. Clever title and beautiful photos. My mother-in-law (age 91) dearly loves photography and was out and about on that foggy day, getting fog pictures. Yours are nicer, but you have more interesting subject matter along with your fog -- and, I suspect, a better camera.

    I wish I had thought to mention metabolism as one of those annoyingly slow things. It surely is!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love everything here. And that Chris Tomlinson song is a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your pictures are amazing! Love the horses, especially with the foggy mist...and yes I wonder if your duck was a decoy too Enjoyed your hodgepodge.. bet you are having fun organizing your craft room :) I agree that we must be having fun as time indeed is passing quickly, March is here, what? It doesn't feel like March here.. more snow expected! lol...

    ReplyDelete
  35. Those are some of the most breathtaking photos I have ever seen...serenity

    ReplyDelete
  36. Absolutely lovely photographs again Debby ...
    February did seem to pass by so quickly.
    Happy March Wishes

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful pictures!!!

    Good, good Father is one of my favorites too!!

    Time is indeed Marching rather quickly, too quickly! I keep telling it to slow down, but it doesn't seem to listen. ;)

    Have a delightful week my friend!

    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  38. Great photos. The horses are gorgeous.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  39. Good, good Father is a wonderful song. I love molasses cookies (my mother-in-law makes the best!) and your pictures...sigh...just lovely friend. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today! Your sweet comments are such an encouragement to me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...