Did someone mess with the calendar?
These are the questions I've been asking myself here lately.
I don't mean to rub it in...I know that many of you are still up to your eyeballs in snow...
...and I realize this is not the norm, even for us.
And just as these words are being typed, I know it could all change overnight.
So just in case Old Man Winter decides to return, and I'm pretty sure he will,
here are a few more glimpses of our early spring from the past few days.
These daffodils grow smack-dab in the middle of the woods next to my house.
I have no idea how they got there but they come up every year...
...such a beautiful contrast compared to the stark, colorless, naked trees.
So...now on to the Hodgepodge part of this post...
...where Joyce asks the questions and we answer them on our blogs.
Here we go!
1. Have you ever been fishing? Did you catch a fish? If so did you keep it or throw it back? If you haven't been fishing is that something you'd like to try? Fish out of water, big fish in a small pond, living in a fishbowl, packed in like sardines, this is a fine kettle of fish, plenty of fish in the sea, or cut bait...which fishy phrase most recently applies to some area of your life?
Yes, I have done a little bit of fishing, mostly when I was much younger...both on land and on sea. I think the deep sea fishing experiences have been more exciting and fruitful as well. Mostly, when I have done any fishing at a pond or whatever, the fish get thrown back but we kept what we caught out on the sea. I'm kinda finicky when it comes to my fish...not so crazy about the kind that live in fresh water. Sometimes I feel as though I'm a fish out of water. I mostly present myself to be confident and secure in who I am and what I'm doing, I would be lying if I said I always feel that way.
2. What's something you're always fishing for in your purse, wallet, desk, or kitchen junk drawer?
Batteries in the kitchen junk drawer.
3. Your favorite fish tale or movie?
A Perfect Storm
4. Are you sunrise, daylight, twilight or night? Explain why you chose your answer.
All the above. I am up before sunrise every morning without fail...no matter what day of the week it is, at noon I have already been up for 7 hours, by twilight I sometimes have gotten my second wind (sometimes not) and I rarely (if ever) go to bed before 11 pm. If I try to go to bed any earlier, I will wake up at 2 am thinking it's time to get up! I have functioned this way for most of my adult life, getting by on 5-6 hours of sleep. Try as I might, I cannot sleep in past 5:30 or 6:00...and that is pushing the limits. Lord, help me.
5. What's the oldest piece of clothing you own and still wear?
Oh my word...Joyce, have you been looking through my windows?? Yes, although I hope and pray I am never caught dead in it, there is this one thing. It is a threadbare house dress that is held together with safety pins, there are holes under both arms (great air conditioning in those warmer months) and it is the most comfortable thing to wear when I just need to "be free". Oh my...I better stop now before I embarrass myself more than I already have.
6. We've got one more month of (officially) winter here in the Northern hemisphere. Are you feeling the need for a getaway? What's been the best and worst part of your winter so far?
Not really feeling much need to get away since spring has already sprung here, as temporary as it may be. The best part of the winter so far has been the one pretty snow that we had in January. The worst part of the winter so far was that we only had that one pretty snow back in January. I would have liked more but now these springtime temps have spoiled us rotten, I'm done with winter...I hope :)
7. The Wednesday Hodgepodge lands on National Margarita Day...will you be celebrating? Frozen or on the rocks? Are you a Jimmy Buffet fan? If so, what's your favorite JB tune?
No. Neither...unless it is iced tea, then on the rocks. Not really (nothing against you, Jimmy). I spent a year or two in my younger life "wasted away". 'Nuf said :)
8. Insert your own random thought here.
True confession time...I have already had my A/C on a couple of times.
Have a great week!