Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Getting to the ♥ of the Hodgepodge

Happy Valentine's Day!



No snow here this year...dang it!
In fact, we were in the 70's over the weekend...quite balmy, actually.
This time of year, especially, you never know what you will get.
But I do know one thing about today...
...it's not only a day to celebrate love, it's also the day we join in for Joyce's Hodgepodge.

That's right...she asks the questions and we answer them on our blogs.
So let's do this!


1. When's the last time you had a heart to heart talk with someone? A change of heart? Experienced figurative 'heart failure?'

Joyce, have you been hiding in my closet or something? C'mon now, fess up! I mean seriously...it just so happened that a certain husband and I had a long overdue heart to heart last Friday before he went off to work for the weekend. We are both guilty of using the "broom technique" when it come to dealing with issues at times...you know...the one where you kinda sweep things under the rug...and they stay there until that rug gets kicked up somehow and then you see where all of "it" went. Sometimes that stuff stays hidden for a very l-o-n-g time. Anyway, it was actually a good thing...a "come to Jesus" moment if you will. And there was a change of heart...on both sides...and that is always good. Heart failure? Life is filled with ups and downs and the heart is always involved. I can't seem to place the last heart-stopping moment in my life, although there have certainly been quite a few. I guess it's a good thing that I can't actually recall it. 


2. Champagne, chocolates, flowers...what's your Valentine pleasure? Any special plans for the day?

No doubt about it, flowers win every time. No special plans since V-Day falls mid-week and work schedules are involved. Our road trip to Tennessee on Friday will be the highlight of the week for both of us!



3. Are you a hopeless romantic or do you fall more in the category of practical and pragmatic? What's a gesture you find romantic?

I am not a hopeless romantic but there was probably a day when I did look at love like that. I am a pretty practical gal and the last time I remember drifting through life on the "love cloud" I was probably in high school...and it wasn't with my husband. Seriously, Jim and I both fall into the latter...practical and sensible...like a good, comfortable pair of loafers...maybe even bordering on the edge of boring? Not really, boring.......well, maybe so! In my mind, the most romantic gesture (which is way more than just a gesture) is to fulfill the role of the spiritual leader of the home...and that encompasses many things.


4. Do you ask a lot of questions in life or are you pretty content with what you already know?

As long as I can remember, I have been as curious as a cat. Still am in some ways. Inquiring minds want to know...you know? Saying that, I think I can also say that the older that I have gotten, the more lessons I have learned and one of them is "What you don't know won't hurt you"....IF you can hold yourself back to keep yourself from finding certain things out. There have been too many times when I have found out more information than I ever really wanted to know and the thing is, you can't ever un-find it out...just like you can't un-see something you've seen.


5. Your favorite power ballad?

If I ever had one, it could possibly be something by the Righteous Brothers..."Unchained Melody" on the good side of love and "You've Lost That Loving Feeling" on the other end of the spectrum.  Click on the link and enjoy listening to the latter (if you like) while you read my random thought.



6. Insert your own random thought here.



Can I get an amen?

Hoping your Valentine's Day is filled with lots of 
♥LOVE♥

22 comments:

  1. Great post, Debby. You and I are a lot alike in some ways! I love these Hodgepodge things because I always come away feeling like I know you better. Happy Valentine's Day- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that song! Have a fabulous Valentine's Day, Debby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, I love that song, my friend :) Thanks for the delightful post. I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that song brings back memories! I think we're alike in many ways, Debby. Hope that doesn't scare you. 🙂 Enjoyed your Hodgepodge. Blessings on your day. Enjoy that warm weather. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Valentine's Day Debby. Hope your day is SWEET To you.

    1. When's the last time you had a heart to heart talk with someone? A change of heart? Experienced figurative 'heart failure?' Those dang "Come to Jesus Meetings" can be a doozy at times! LOL! Change of Heart---Only God can change the heart for sure but I had to truly have a change of heart about a particular situation. Like, I had to decide, "now do I want to really handle this situation or do I NEED to let God do it. Came within an ACE of being in the Flesh. Once I prayed, fasted and got in the Word, I knew I was to leave it alone. A peace came over me like a flooding river. I had a heart change!

    2. Champagne, chocolates, flowers...what's your Valentine pleasure? Any special plans for the day? Flowers! Woke up to roses this morning. Made my morning. Tonight is church night so we went out to eat over the weekend and had an extra special meal last night.

    3. Are you a hopeless romantic or do you fall more in the category of practical and pragmatic? What's a gesture you find romantic? I am a very practical person but I do have a romantic heart. By that I mean, I love all the sweet things that go along with romance but I've also been married for 40 years and have learned that whether I am romanced or not, that it's okay because what is most important is that no matter what, good, bad, ugly, or pretty...WE ARE STILL THERE for each other. Our romantic things now involve him vacuuming for me and me taking the garbage out for him. NOW that speaks love to me! LOL! And like you...Being the spiritual leader of our home will always be the most romantic thing he could do! Makes me smile every time!

    4. Do you ask a lot of questions in life or are you pretty content with what you already know? Depends on what it relates too. I used to ask more questions than I do now I think. Granny used to say, "Baby, sometimes we just better off not knowing". LOL! Lots of truth in that statement.

    5. Your favorite power ballad? OOh, I love Un-chained too! But I also think about good old Percy Sledge...when a man loves a woman. Back in my younger, more romantic days (Ha!) we done some belly rubbing to old Percy on the dance floor. YEP, probably shared a tad more than I should have! LOL!

    Enjoyed this today dear friend. Happy LOVE day to you.

    Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful post, Debby, you and I are alike in a lot of ways. Wishing you and yours a very Happy Valentine's Day! I love the Righteous Bros. and Unchained Melody is one of my all-time favorites. It was "our" song when BG and I were falling in love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's always fun to listen to the Righteous Brothers, Debby..thank you!
    I enjoyed reading about the broom technique and how you and your hubby had a come to Jesus moment with that with great results. As always, you pictures are perfect for your answers. Happy Valentine's Day, dear Debby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a sweet Valetine day !!!! Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a special day in your own special way.For me this is a day I just want to get through.Life changes when there is no partner.Oh well,God is still good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved your answers, Debby! We are a lot alike in many ways. Your answer about the romantic gesture (which is way more than a gesture) -- the husband taking spiritual leadership -- I so agree! And the one about finding out more than one wants to know by being too curious ... yes, I get that one too. The questions were thought-provoking as always.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your roses are beautiful on here today, Debby, especially the red ones. ; ) I love those conversation hearts and do you know that I didn't have them this Valentine's holiday. What a pretty picture that is.

    Happy Valentine's Day, and I hope your day is filled with so much love.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another good hodgepodge. Glad you had that heart to heart. We picked the same ballad. Glad you have a fun weekend to look forward to. Happy Valentine's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I enjoyed reading your Hodgepodge answers. Hope you have a great trip to Tennessee.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Always love your photos -- good answers too. Hope your trip goes well this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amen for sure! And, I love how you referred to it as a "come to Jesus moment." I often say "we're gonna have a come to Jesus meeting." Always enjoyable answers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amen! Unchained Melody is one of my all time favorites as well. I enjoyed my visit with you today.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful HodgePodge! I love your honesty and humor. I really liked your parting thoughts, too. Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A "heart to heart" is hard work, but it feels so good to dig deep and get things straight. Safe and happy travels this weekend!! (Great photos between your answers!!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy belated Valentine's Day Debby! Yes, we have had those times when we have let things slide in our relationship, and all of a sudden things come to a head. As in a fight!! Thankfully it clears the air, and things get better, but why do we wait?! Get going on that decluttering girl, before the move is upon you! Believe me, it's overwhelming! I'm so excited for you. xo Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes, I understand about the rug problem and then all of a sudden it needs to be lifted and cleaned out. It doesn't happen often for us anymore after 52 years, but once in a while things just need to be straightened up. Hope you have a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's always so interesting to read your hodge podge posts! I am so thankful God blessed you and your hubby to have that precious time together. That is so special. I hope you enjoy your time away tomorrow...we have some of our best family talks in the car! No one can escape, and we have to listen to each other extra close! LOL! Enjoy, and have fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today! Your sweet comments are such an encouragement to me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...