Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Raindrops Keep Falling on my Hodgepodge

Hello and Happy Wednesday!
 I'm glad to be hodgepodging again today after missing it last week.
~
Let me tell you, we have been getting tons of rain here in NC!
It has poured everyday for about ten days with even more in the forecast for the next several days.
We needed it terribly and have now gotten more than our share...
...of course come July, we'll be praying for more as always.
There have been periods of sunshine as well and my little container garden is thriving!
Yes, I've got babies coming on but I'll wait 'til next week to take photos.
And speaking of photos, you all know how I roll.
I like to get my lens up as close and personal with anything that will let me...
...like this cute little guy...or gal.


And in between downpours, I couldn't resist dodging the showers to capture some fresh droplets.



And there were plenty of them to go around.



Have you ever noticed how sometimes the backside of a flower is just as pretty as the front?


Okay...enough soggy flowers...it's time to get on with the Hodgepodge.
Joyce asks the always interesting questions and we answer them on our blogs.


1. The last place you visited/patronized where you felt like you were given 'the royal treatment'?

I don't think I have ever been anywhere that has treated me (us) quite like royalty...and the closest thing I can even compare it to would be when we went on a "Royal" Caribbean cruise several years ago. We have been in restaurants, hotels, etc. where we have gotten really good service...and of course others, not so much. But royalty...nah. And speaking of royalty, how about that wedding over the weekend? I thought it was just wonderful and loved the mixture of cultures, especially that awesome message on love delivered by Bishop Michael Curry. 

2. The last task you completed that was a 'royal pain'?

That would be the time a few months ago when my refrigerator decided to go "pee-pee" all over my kitchen floor. I was home by myself when I discovered it and frantically began to stuff towels under it so the water didn't ruin my wood floors. I then had to pull it out, unplug it, remove everything from the freezer and figure out how and where to find out exactly where the water was coming from. Turns out it was just frozen up due to overcrowding and after it thawed out, we were good to go. Of course, while it was empty I went ahead and wiped it down inside and out...a job I was not expecting to have to do at a most inopportune time. Of course later I was glad to have been forced into getting my freezer cleaned out!

3. How have your strengths helped you succeed?

I may be my father's daughter and I did inherit his strong personality but any real strength that I might possess comes only through Jesus. I have been through some "stuff" in my life and there will, no doubt, be more to come. The only way I have been able to succeed...or get through it in once piece...is relying on His strength, not mine because I am nothing without Him.



How have your faults hindered you?

How have they not? Pride, lack of faith, self-righteousness, just to name a few, are never good things. Thank God for mercy and grace...and thank God I'm still learning.

4. If you found a remote that could rewind, fast forward, stop and start time, what would you do with it?

Oh wow, what a loaded question. I would probably wear the batteries out in that thing in just one day. It would be during those moments when I'm thinking about my parents, or maybe back when my boys were little and carefree...I would hit rewind so I could go back and relive some of those precious moments in time. I would press the stop button when I could sense danger or something on the horizon that I didn't want to happen...and the start button to get me motivated into action OR when it seemed like my life was going nowhere. And then there's the one you didn't mention...the pause button...when everything in life is good and you want it to last forever. I would use that fast-forward button when last minute company's coming and my house could be ready in a flash....OR when I'm finally just ready to go home and be with the Lord.

5. Any special plans for the Memorial Day weekend? Rain is in the forecast here for pretty much all weekend but Friday is our son Aaron's birthday. Hopefully, we will be able to have a dry celebration somewhere over the long holiday weekend. Will you in some way honor or recognize the meaning of this day (remembering people who died in service to their country)? Our Sunday morning worship service will be honoring those who have served, are currently serving, along with a few teens who are preparing to serve. They will be wearing their uniforms and a special video will be shown as a memorial for all whose lives have been lost serving their country. Have you ever been to Arlington National Cemetery? Yes, I've seen it once during a very rushed trip through DC. Does your town do anything special to mark the day? Not that I'm aware of.

6.  Insert your own random thought here.




Have a safe and happy Memorial Day Weekend!

37 comments:

  1. Our fridge did that when we were on a cruise. We got a frantic call from our house/pet sitter, and is was a major disaster! Our fridge was permanently dead, our only saving grace was that we had a smaller fridge in our basement so we didn't lose too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those photos at the top should be turned into notecards. They're beautiful! We have also had an abundance of rain, with dry sunny spots here and there. The weekend forecast isn't looking great, but we're hanging out at home, so can popl outside if/when the sun shines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your comment of the pause button....yep would I would use a lot. A lot of rain here in my neck of the woods and the weekend looks pretty soggy. Beautiful pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love to read your insightful answers to the weekly questions, Debbie. What a good question is number four and your thoughts regarding it. I think I would be pressing the pause button quite a lot. I too watched the royal wedding and thought it was wonderful. Loved the American preacher. I thought he was fabulous. There is a quote I read once regarding rain....."don't let the sunshine spoil the rain". =) Sometimes rainy days are made for donning one's galoshes and dancing in the puddles. Have a beautiful week, lovely lady.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every time I see a commercial for those Royal cruises, it makes me nervous. I don't think I'd want to be pampered like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have I told you how much I love your photography? Oh, that many times?! (Well, I really do!)

    Glad you saved your wood floors! Ack!! I had to smile when you said you'd wear out the batteries in your remote, but as I read, I could see it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had the same thing happen to my wood floors. Ugh. That is a pain. You take the most beautiful photos! Enjoy your weekend, Debby.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great close-ups on your photos! Have a fantabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh, I loved your "soggy" flowers, my friend. So, so, so pretty!

    Wishing you a blessed day, Debby. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We've had too much rain down here in Geeorgia too band more forecast. If I could have a rewind remote I would rewind to before my parents divorced, when they were still happy together. Enjoyed your blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The photo of the back of flower is just breathtaking! Nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that lady bug picture...so cool.

    Oh my! that would have scared me about the fridge leaking on wood floors. So glad it all worked out well.

    Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the ladybug photo also, and the one with the back of the flower -- just stunning, as your photos always are. Loved your answers to #3 -- much more thoughtful than mine, though mine are true; I just didn't take time to think the question through.

    Have a blessed Memorial Day weekend, Debby!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seems like we all like ladybugs. I've never known anyone to be afraid of that bug.
    Philippians 4:13 is my life verse.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your pictures are beautiful! The rain!!! We have had storm after storm this afternoon and enough rain to flood the back yard. The little pond is overflowing...even some hail. Can't wait to look at the rain gauge...if the lightning and thunder ever stops.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just loved seeing your photographs ... hope your rain has eased a little!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love those macro shots. I agree that sometimes the back side of a flower is beautiful. I think you and I think alike on so many things.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing macros! Well, that #4! Way too tempting. Hope you have the ark ready or better that the sun returns.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wasn't that remote a loaded question? Having to much power could lead into such headache. It not for me.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous photos once again, dear friend!
    Debby...you amaze me with that camera of yours, and you inspire me too.

    I always enjoy reading your answers to the hodgepodge questions because I learn more and more about you and your precious character.
    You are a delight!

    Enjoy that awesome sounding church servive that will honor our veteran's and those serving for our country as well as the young ones inlisted.
    Your church is an honor to God.

    Thank you for sharing your beauty with us. ♡

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! Your flower photos are gorgeous. We recently had a similar situation with our frig. Tempers flared! lol
    Wishing you a blessed Memorial Day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my goodness, Debby, I loved seeing your closeups....stunning! How awful on your fridge! We once went to Ohio on a visit, and came home to a horrible smell...our freezer had gone out, and what a nasty mess that was.
    Loved your answer to #3. I'm trying my best to do that, but sometimes we want to take control with things in our lives, don't we? God bless you, Debby!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Loved your close up floral pics! Gorgeous! And yes, I have noticed that the backs of many flowers are as exquisite as their faces. Enjoyed reading your hodgepodge answers. Always thought provoking!

    Wishing you a beautiful day, Debby!
    Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  24. Debby, your pictures are gorgeous as usual! We've had so much rain the bird seeds are sprouting in the bird feeders!!
    We are going on our first cruise this year. So sad to learn I won't be treated like royalty ;) xo Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, sweet friend! I totally agree with you about the pause button! How wonderful it would be to be able to just freeze time in those precious moments when all is right in our world. I love your photos! They are just so beautiful...you do an excellent job. God bless your son with a wonderful birthday, in spite of the rain! Sending love and hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Someone above said those photos should be turned into notecards, and I could not agree more!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your photo's, especially the Lady Bug! Isn't her color so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  28. What fantastic answers Debby, you always do such a stellar job on the HP. And, I couldn't agree more with #3. Don't even know how'd I'd make it without the Lord. Happy weekend Debby!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow- I read this before and forgot to leave a comment, I guess. Your photos are just FANTASTIC. I honestly couldn't take that good of a picture if someone held the camera for me! LOL
    I hope you have a wonderful, blessed Memorial Day weekend. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love your close ups....such detail! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love your pictures ... and your remote! Your pictures are always so beautiful! Thanks to your questioning the cookies issue, I was able to take care of it. I didn't know what to do. I kept thinking I don't live in EU so do I really need to care? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Debby, Just trying this again. I wonder if you tried to reply when my blog was being worked on? Not sure. Let me know if this comes through as a No Reply this time. Thanks for your time and trouble. xo xo xo

    ReplyDelete
  33. I usually ( here and there ) read Cranberry Mornings Hodgepodge posts and they are enjoyable / this was as well :) Love your photos...your refrigerator story reminded me of something similar I went through years ago / never fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb...you should join in the hodgepodge some time!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by today! Your sweet comments are such an encouragement to me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...