Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Grateful Praise

This was the sky on my home from work this past Monday.
The closer I got to my house, the more intense it became and I went out of my way to see more.
I sat in a parking lot to watch it...until it was no more.
 
 
Just a day before, we sang a new arrangement of this old hymn at church.
When I saw this beautiful sky, the words of that first verse immediately came to mind...
..."For the beauty of the earth,  for the glory of the skies...."
 
 
FOR THE BEAUTY OF THE EARTH
~Folliott Sandford Pierpoint, 1864
 
For the beauty of the earth,
for the glory of the skies,
for the love which from our birth
over and around us lies;
Lord of all, to thee we raise
this our hymn of grateful praise.
 
  
For the beauty of each hour
of the day and of the night,
hill and vale, and tree and flower,
sun and moon, and stars of light;
Lord of all, to thee we raise
this our hymn of grateful praise.
 
 

For the joy of ear and eye,
for the heart and mind's delight,
for the mystic harmony,
linking sense to sound and sight;
Lord of all, to thee we raise
this our hymn of grateful praise.
 
 
For the joy of human love,
brother, sister, parent, child,
friends on earth and friends above,
for all gentle thoughts and mild;
Lord of all, to thee we raise
this our hymn of grateful praise.
 
 
For Thy church, that evermore
lifteth holy hands above,
offering up on every shore
her pure sacrifice of love;
Lord of all, to thee we raise
this our hymn of grateful praise.
 
 
For thyself, best Gift Divine,
to the world so freely given,
for that great, great love of thine,
peace on earth, and joy in heaven:
Lord of all, to thee we raise
this our hymn of grateful praise.
 


 
And you will say in that day: "Give thanks to the Lord, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the peoples, proclaim that his name is exalted. Sing praises to the Lord, for he has done gloriously; let this be made known in all the earth." ~ Isaiah 12:4-5
 
 Thanksgiving Blessings to you and yours! 

 

19 comments:

  1. such beauty - and you appreciate and share it all. blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite hymns! Your portrayed the words in such a beautiful way with your photos. Happy Thanksgiving, sweet friend. Sending love and hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this hymn and your photos are gorgeous. I love the family photo, especially. I'm thankful for your blog friendship. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Mildred

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving my friend! I always remember them singing this song in Little Women...how beautiful! Enjoy your day! Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sky is beautiful, and I enjoyed your other shots as well. For the Beauty of the Earth is a wonderful song; my voice teacher and I used to sing it as a duet! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful post. I love how the words and pictures are meant to go together.Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really beautiful post...Happy Thanksgiving to you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the blessing!



    ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really, really love this song! In fact, this is the one we'll be singing before our feast tomorrow.
    Wonderful pictures to accompany the words!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful post. Beautiful family. This brought tears to my eyes. Tears of gratitude.

    ReplyDelete
  11. (singing) Lord, of all , to thee we raise,....this our hymn of grateful praise ! I love that hymn. Thank you so much for reminding me of it. These old hymns mean so very much to me. It is like they are in my heart to stay forever. Thank you so much!

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I hope you are with your family and friends. Take a few minutes to relax and enjoy. I am going to try to enjoy my sweet little Cayden, who is 3 months old. We really did not expect to have anymore grandchildren...seeing that our youngest is 15. But Cayden has brought so much joy into our whole family's lives already!!!! God's wishes!

    Have a great weekend.


    ReplyDelete
  12. The pictures you chose illustrate the beautiful words so well. I love this favorite hymn. We see so much of our heavenly Father in nature. Hope you are having a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Debby! I put the first verse on my blog today, but the whole hymn with pictures, as you did, is lovely. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. xo Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Debby! I hope you had a wonderful celebration of thanksgiving with your family my friend. What love you have for all that God has given...I know he just loves you like crazy for that :)
    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for sharing the beauty today!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely photos to accompany this beautiful hymn. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful Debby...just beautiful!!! Fantastic family photo!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today! Your sweet comments are such an encouragement to me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...