Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Foggy Morning Hodgepodge

It's looking a little like Halloween in my neck of the woods!


The past few mornings we have had a heavy blanket of fog hanging around.


I love me some fog and I was out before church on Sunday morning snapping these.



So...it has been an interesting week.
What is that they say about best laid plans?
Last Wednesday after I posted my Hodgepodge things went south pretty fast.
It seemed like everyone in the Tennessee Ray's household started getting sick...one by one.
Olivia was later actually diagnosed with the flu.
While we weren't yet certain of the degree of sickness and still contemplating going,
Jim mentioned that he was feeling a little sore throat coming on.
So good sense prevailed and we made the decision not to go...and thank goodness we didn't.
The morning (Friday) we were planning to leave, 
my dear husband woke up and felt as though he had been hit by a mack truck.
He was pretty much out of commission until Monday.
And speaking of Monday, I woke up feeling sicker than I have felt in a very long time.
Whatever it was (headache, chills, temperature, nausea, weak as a kitten)...
knocked me for a loop but left me as quickly as it hit me and was gone by Tuesday...mostly.
Needless to say, the planned vacations days became unplanned sick days.
Oh well...that's life...and we have rescheduled our visit to next month.
~
But, let's get to the Hodgepodge, shall we?
Joyce asks the questions and we answer them on our blogs.


1. Where do you go when you need some inspiration?

I guess it depends on what kind of inspiration that is needed at the time. My Pinterest page is chock full of inspiring ideas for vintage and/or farmhouse decor, chicken coop ideas, how to raise baby goats, yummy things to cook, holiday crafts, etc., etc. But when I need to go deeper (which is often) I get inspired by drawing near to the Lord...meditating on favorite scriptures or just getting quiet before Him, listening to a great message...or just taking a drive in the country, camera in tow.

2. What's under your bed?


Not nearly as much as there used to be, thank goodness! A year ago when we got the new floors I cleared out stuff that had been under them for years...yes, I said years. I am proud to be able to say that I have not allowed "things" to accumulate again. Under our bed, there is only one thing and that would be a flat plastic bin containing Christmas wrapping items. Under the guest bed are two items...another flat plastic bin that contains generic gifts bags and such and a mini-trampoline that I keep saying I'm going to get out and start rebounding again. Joyce, because of this question, I now consider myself inspired...by you. Thanks!

3. Thursday, February 22nd is National Chili Day, National Margarita Day, and National Cook a Sweet Potato Day. Of the three which would you most like to celebrate? Is that likely?


I can with all certainty say that I will not be celebrating any of them. I do love me some chili but it's going to be near 80 degrees here on Thursday...and I don't do soup of any kind when it's that warm. I have no plans to cook any sweet potatoes, although I also love them and...well, I don't do Margaritas, period.

4. What are you 'snowed under' with right now?


Well, it's certainly not snow, that's one thing for sure. It has been a very warm February in these parts. So I suppose my best answer would be GERMS but I am praying that the Lysol I've been spraying has taken care of them. Oh...and fog...how could I forget about the fog? This morning the fog was thicker than before and even though I was still out "sick", I took the long way to the grocery store and snapped some more foggy shots.



These turkeys probably thought no one could see them...and just when I thought there were many more of them farther back into the fog, I soon realized the others weren't turkeys at all. 


They were actually Canadian geese...probably a hundred or more. I don't think they had a clue I was watching them.


And here I am on the road to nowhere...



The naked trees are so hauntingly beautiful in the fog, don't you think?



 ...just a couple more.


Did I ever tell you how much I love the fog??

5. Tell us three to five things that make you feel balanced?

Hmm...I knew you'd throw a tough one in here, Joyce. How about a little bit of work, a little bit of play, veggies with a side of dessert and being able to find the positive in every negative. I found this online and it pretty much says it all in very few words...
 

6. Insert your own random thought here.

Back to work tomorrow (Wednesday) and I am looking forward to it. Five days...and I am a little sick and tired of being around the sick and tired (including myself, of course). I'm ready to get back into my groove...routine. 😊

29 comments:

  1. I am intrigued by your comment about baby goats and chicken coops! We have a tiny yard so those things wouldn't be an option but it sounds like fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you made it through the flu bug or whatever it was, and that it left quickly! And that you'll get to reschedule your visit. I spent my whole Hodgepodge complaining about winter in Wisconsin, but if i lived where it was going to be 80 degrees soon, I'm sure i wouldn't love May through October like i do. Have a nice Wednesday, Debby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're feeling better. It's nice to have a job that you look forward to. Have a great week, Debby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been very foggy here too, like it if I don't have to drive in it. Glad you're all recovering

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debby,

    Beautiful foggy morning pictures! Fill free to add your URL to my WW linky party. ;) It was way too warm here yesterday (upper 70s). All week is gonna be rather unseasonably warm, though. I'm trying to enjoy it because I know it's gonna change before the warm weather is here to stay, you know? Can you believe how fast February has gone by? I hope everyone feels better soon. No colds or flu here just allergies. I was sick all weekend. UGH! Have a wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning, my lovely friend! My, what stunning pictures! I have always enjoyed the fog as there is something eerily beautiful about it.

    Praise the Lord that you and your husband are feeling better! I hope you continue to regain your strength and feel more like yourself in no time.

    Love and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh sweet friend, I do hope that you are much better and getting stronger. That mess is just that....MESS! So many sick. Love your pictures. I have always thought the fog to be intriguing. I do not like to drive in it. I have a picture that I shot out of the window of my car...YEP, I stopped to take the picture. It's when we had a heavy patch of fog. It sorta gives me the Holy bumps to be honest. I will have to find that picture to show you. Now lets see what I might can answer here....

    1. Where do you go when you need some inspiration? Depends on what kind of inspiration I need. For guidance and direction it is most def. to the Word of God, reading His Word, praying, and most often waiting. Pinterest is usually my go to for lots of different kinds of inspiration.

    2. What's under your bed?
    YAY, I can answer this with sheer delight...NOTHING! I cleaned out from underneath my bed in which I had a few pictures in frames stashed. Guess where I put them? Underneath the bed in the spare room! LOL!

    3. Thursday, February 22nd is National Chili Day, National Margarita Day, and National Cook a Sweet Potato Day. Of the three which would you most like to celebrate? Is that likely? Well, none of them at the moment. I too love chili and sweet potatoes but Thursday afternoons are usually my bring home a salad day! Actually, Marty has been wanting chili even with the temps.

    4. What are you 'snowed under' with right now?
    Right this minute nothing but for me than can change quick! You know, like some sweet lady comes to you at church and asks if you can help out with a project and you agree only to find out that it needed to be done last WEEK? Not as bad or quick to say yes anymore so hoping I can stay on track.

    5. Tell us three to five things that make you feel balanced? Eating lunch, whether it's light or not so light. It's usually my main meal of the day through the week. My daily vitamins is a must. COFFEE.....DID I SAY COFFEE! You want to see unbalanced, take my coffee from me! Saying No to everything that comes along and that includes well meaning things and people. A diet Coke through the week. Whether it be one on Monday and not another one till Thursday. But I need a diet coke! LOL! Staying in the Word.

    6. Insert your own random thought here.
    I keep thinking this morning about Billy Graham. He is now talking with the One he has served his whole life. Well done good and faithful servant.

    Hugs and blessings to you dear friend,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Debby, I love the fog too if I don't have to drive in it. You got some great foggy shots. I'm glad you're feeling much better and can go back to work again. Take care and stay well! xx Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your foggy fotos. I love fog too, if I don't have to drive in it. Luckily we rarely get fog here in Paraguay.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The fog makes pretty photos. So sorry to hear your whole family has been sick. Hope everyone is feeling stronger. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always like foggy pictures. You took some great ones.
    Sorry to hear about all the sickness. It seems to be going around all over the place.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh no, sorry you both got sick and glad you were smart enough to postpone your trip. Hope all is well now. Love those moody photos. If that type of weather lasts too long I tend to get moody, too. I like that quote! Happy hodgepodge to you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE your foggy pictures...I think I like the first photo the best. It really does look like a perfect halloween day!
    Cheers
    Lori in Blue Ridge, GA

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, so glad you and Hubby are feeling so much better, goodness, so, so much sickness this winter. We've had a lot of fog as well and rain, rain and more rain. I'm so ready for spring! Happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, how I love foggy mornings. We had many of them in January. Your pictures are very pretty, Debby. I'm surprised the geese stayed put when you took the picture, as they are cautious birds, and their honk is loud. Love that road picture. The 'road to nowhere' is sometimes the best place to be. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry to hear that you have all been sick. So far these bugs have missed me and I hope it stays that way. The very first picture has a haunting beauty.It is almost mesmerizing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry to hear everyone has been so sick! I hope you are all feeling much better! Love these fog photos... inspires me to want to write a story about it... ideas already rolling around :-) Enjoy the rest of your week!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ugh to being sick. I, too, love fog and your photos capture the mystery of it beautifully. I hope you are feeling much better. 80 degrees - wow! We had snow today. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ugh to the flu. There has been a lot of ICK going around. I'm sorry it found you and your family. It is a good thing that you decided to postpone your trip. That would have been miserable!

    Somehow, between the germs, you managed to capture some beautiful photos of that mysterious fog!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope you are now fully recovered. I love the photos and indeed the mystery of fog but I am not a fan of driving in it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, my! The pictures are just breathtaking!! I love them all! I am SO sorry to hear that you didn't get to take your trip, and you all have been so sick! My, that sounds just awful! So thankful you are doing better and were able to go back to work. I trust you are all completely well very soon, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh dearest Debby, it's a good thing that you and your hubby stayed home, but then you were hit with the sickness, but at least, at home! Your pictures are hauntingly beautiful. I love trees in the wintertime with those stark branches against the sky.
    I have Christmas wrapping under my bed, too, and also a stack of photo albums that I bought several years ago. I finally got the inspiration to get the albums out and am slowly replacing all my old albums with new. It's a daunting task, but I work a little everyday, and throwing out a lot of pictures that aren't needed. Whew!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So sorry you folks have been ill! Good call on staying home and resting. It feels as if all of Blogdom has been struggling with illness. I’m spraying Lysol before I leave here for good measure. I am not much a fan of fog; perhaps because it comes pea soup thick up here. Keep resting and taking it easy as you can now.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I spoke with my Daughter-in-Love this morning and she said the fog has been so bad in northern Indiana that they have actually canceled school a couple days and had several delays. Now this is where they never cancel school even when its a blizzard. I'll have her call you next time and you can run up there with your camera. LOL! I do love your pictures by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am sorry too and hope everyone is on the mend! Take care of yourself when you get back in the groove, it's easy to get sick again. Geese...WOW! That is amazing! We saw 20 Wild turkeys today but not many geese here right now. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh no, that is sad that you have all been laid low by the dready lurgy. Hope you are now feeling better. About what's under the bed......let's not even go there. =) Gorgeous photos of the foggy landscapes. I too love the fog. Take care, lovely Debby.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Debby! I'm so sorry about your flu symptoms, it sounds awful! But how wonderful that you didn't travel. Imagine being sick and not being home...ugh. Even worse!
    What's under your bed? That's such a funny question, I've never heard that one before! I have a roll-drawer with old photos and little notes from the kids when they were small. I go through it every once in a while, paring down as I go...but it's a great walk down memory lane.
    Have a great Sunday!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  28. So sorry that you two were so sick, but I'm amazed you recovered so quickly. My hubby and I have both had something (not the flu), and Rick is about three weeks into it and two weeks for me....we are feeling much better. As usual, your photos are so amazing. After living in Oregon for so many years and being very use to fog, I never thought of it as beautiful....that fog came with drizzly cold days. Your pics have made me re-think "fog," but we almost never get it here in the AZ desert. The turkeys and the geese looked like they were enjoying a feeding-frenzy! Always fun to read your posts.
    Hugs, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  29. Glad to hear you're doing better, Debby. You sound like a real trooper, despite being knocked out with such a nasty bug! Your trees in the fog are mysteriously intriguing. I especially am taken with the first photo. There's something quite enticing about a bare branched, tree-lined road, filled with fog, isn't there? I love the David Allen quote - so true!

    Happy weekend, my friend,
    Poppy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today! Your sweet comments are such an encouragement to me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...