Thursday, July 25, 2013

Looking out my office window...

...there's a party going on!

But we're not invited...you must have big bright wings to attend.
The desire and craving for nectar is also a pre-requisite!


The butterfly bush out in front of my office is the location...no RSVP is required :)

Seriously, I have never seen so many butterflies all at one time!



I brought my camera to work to get a few shots.

I literally walked right up to them and they were swarming all around my head...
...I think they must have liked my hairspray :)


I even got one of them to sit on my hand! 
His or her tail was already broken (just so you know).


If I could have counted them, 
I would guess that there may have been at least a dozen at one time!


They were just glorious!



4 comments:

  1. Debby,
    Thanks so much for stopping by and your kind comments on my glasses!!

    Beautiful pics!! Outstanding!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking of planting a butterfly bush and you've convinced me. I would be mesmerized by the butterflies. Your pictures are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am trying to root some cuttings from the bush at work. I have never had one but am going to try to grow my own! Are the butterflies going crazy in your area? I just watched a segment on out local news about this being "the year of the butterfly"...they are so plentiful here and like you, I'm also mesmerized by them.

    Have a blessed week :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today! Your sweet comments are such an encouragement to me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...