Is it fall yet??
Boy, it sure can't get here soon enough for me!
How about you...are you ready for it?
So while I'm waiting, I have to show these gorgeous sunflowers that my son grew in his garden.
He told me to come and get some photos because they were covered with butterflies.
you can see that they are absolutely HUGE and some are at least 10 feet tall or taller.
My dad used to grow these mammoth sunflowers in his garden too...
...and Aaron keeps his grandpa's memory alive by working in his garden like he did,
among many other things.
Just one more...
...and now on with Joyce's Hodgepodge,
where she asks the questions on her blog and we answer them on ours.
1. Are you watching the Olympics? Your favorite summer Olympic event? I read recently a list of the most iconic Olympic moments in history...what stands out in your mind as a great moment from some past summer Olympic games?
I pretty much describe myself as someone who is not a sports fan. However, when it comes to the Olympics, I actually do like to watch certain events...particularly, swimming, diving and men's and women's gymnastics. Winter Olympic favorites are figure skating, ice dancing and the sledding events. I will always remember the 1996 Summer Olympics when tiny powerhouse gymnast, Kerri Strug was injured on the balance beam and carried out by her coach Bela Károlyi.
2. Have you ever been to Rio? How about the place that started it all-Greece? Have you ever been to any of the Olympic Games in person? Is that something you'd like to do? Have you ever met an Olympian in person?
No to all the above :)
3. The ball's in their court (tennis), cross the finish line (track and field), on target (archery), make a splash (diving), on a roll (gymnastics), out of one's depth (swimming)...which Olympic-related idiom best applies to your life right now? Explain.
I guess my answer would be "the ball's in my court". Lately, I feel the Lord has sent so many blessings my way and I feel the need (and want) to outwardly give more back. Many times, I need to get Debby out of the way. Does that make sense? My answer could also be "archery" because I also think I miss the mark more often than not.
4. What have you earned a 'gold medal' in recently?
Hmmm...self examination, maybe?
5. What is it (or who is it) that motivates you to eat right, exercise, and do what you can to be healthy?
Probably myself, every time I look in a full length mirror.
7. It's National S'mores Day (August 10th)...are you a fan? Will you celebrate with a s'more today?
I do love the flavor combo but can only handle about a half of one....they are so rich, they almost make my tongue curl. I seriously doubt I will be eating a S'mores today ...or tomorrow but maybe will shoot for one this fall over a campfire (hurry, fall, hurry!)
8. Insert your own random thought here.
It's almost lunchtime and I'm hungry!
So that does it for me...
...enjoy the rest of your week, my friends!