Wednesday, February 20, 2019

A Pet Lovin' Medley

Hey ya'll and Happy Hump Day!

So how did it get to be Wednesday again so soon?
I know that time flies when you're having fun and we had a great time in Tennessee.
The weather was cold and rainy most of the time but it didn't matter one bit.
I got to walk across the bridge and into the meadow where the farmhouse is going to be.
I have to believe that this will happen.
I've got to keep the dream alive or it feels as though I'm giving up.
I won't do that...I can't do that.



On Sunday, Parker's 12th birthday began with a birthday doughnut.


I was blessed to be able to witness this precious boy's entrance into the world
and just can't believe that in another year, he'll be a teenager!
Please.....make it stop!!!



We ate lunch at his favorite Thai restaurant but I missed getting a photo of his birthday cake pie...
...Key Lime, to be precise...complete with twelve candles!
Our visit to see the kids in Tennessee was just what I needed.
~
So by the time many of you may be reading this, I will be undergoing my third biopsy.
I was impressed by the doctor I met last week...he was very kind and answered all my questions.
He said that it's not uncommon to do a third, fourth or even more biopsies in cases like mine.
He told me that too many times a doctor will send the patient away to return in six months
or so to get re-scanned after an inconclusive biopsy.
Many times it's too late because a tumor could grow drastically during that time.
Dr. Allen plans to do all he can to keep that from happening.
I am prepared to do whatever it takes to get a correct diagnosis so I can get on with
whatever treatment is needed...and get on with my life!
Let's do this!!
~
So let's get on with the Wednesday Medley, shall we?


Terri, our friend from Florida asks the questions on her blog and we answer them on ours.
Just copy and paste the questions, put in your answers and link up to her blog.

FEBRUARY 20th IS NATIONAL LOVE YOUR PET DAY

NATIONAL LOVE YOUR PET DAY รข€“ February 20

On February 20th, pet lovers everywhere observe National Love Your Pet Day. This holiday is a day set aside to give extra attention to and pamper your pets. This is a good day to focus on the special relationship that you have with your pets.

Did you know that most households in the United States have at least one pet? While there are more cats than dogs in the US, more households have dogs than cats, but not by much. Pets are not limited to the canine and feline categories. There are quite a few who prefer the companionship of birds, reptiles, fish or rats. Whoever your pet companion is, we are sure you will enjoy spending a little extra time with them on National Love Your Pet Day and reap the benefits, as well such as stress relief and lower blood pressure. So on February 20 (and every day) show your appreciation to your pets!

HOW TO OBSERVE
Bring your pet a special treat, take an extra long walk or give them more attention on National Love Your Pet Day.  Whatever you decide to do, spoil and appreciate your pets!  Use #NationalLoveYourPetDay to post on social media.

HISTORY
Within our research, we were unable to identify the creator of National Love Your Pet Day.


1.  Have you ever had a special pet in your life?  Will you tell us about it?

Okay...you asked for it, Terri! My first reply to this question would be more like "When did I NOT have a special pet in my life?" The first pet in my life was our dog, Tippy. He was a Heinz 57 mix and basically a very sweet boy. I remember he had this very fluffy tail that curled over his back. 



There were several other dogs and a few cats as well but none of the cat's names come to mind. My mom didn't like cats much and they stayed outside, away from the humans much of the time. If I had to pick a favorite pet over another, Hunter would share the top of the list. Adam brought him to us when he was just weaned and what a smart dog he was! He was mostly Jack Russell with a little Feist mixed in. 


When Oscar joined the family as a wee pup, Hunter dominated but they got along well. Later on, they became best buds.


Hunter lived to be almost 13 and died suddenly and quite unexpectedly in 2015. We think he must have had a stroke and in a very short period of time, he took his last breath in my arms. So for a year, it was this guy who demanded all of the attention...


And then along came Tasha, very unexpectedly when we rescued her from the shelter. This is the day I picked her up. I'll never forget how timid and shy she was.


In a matter of minutes, they bonded....and the rest is history. 


2.  Did you grow up with pets in your home?  What did it teach you?

As I mentioned before, we always had pets but Mom never allowed them in the house. Occasionally one of the cats would slip in the door and she would quickly shoo them out. What did it teach me? It taught me that whenever I got big enough to have my own home, I wanted my pets to live inside with the rest of the family.

3.  Do you ever wonder what animals are thinking?

Yes, but most of the time I think I know. If you've ever had a dachshund, then you probably know that they have a way of being quite transparent.

4. Sometimes a pet gets out and doesn't return for a few days. What do you think happens to them when they go on a walkabout?

This happened when we had Hunter although he never ran away for that long. He was gone one time for almost 24 hours and I was absolutely beside myself as every scenario imaginable was playing in my head. I can't even tell you how many trips up and down the road I made as I was looking for him and calling his name, thinking at any moment I would see something white lying in the ditch along side of the road. That night, I slept on the couch in the living room with the blind pulled up enough at the bottom that I could see him if he came to the door, wanting in. He finally did show up in the wee hours of the morning to my great relief. There is usually another animal (or more) involved when they wonder away but all that really matters is that they do come home.

5.  With cats and dogs being the most popular pets, what is the most exotic pet you have personal experience with (didn't have to be yours)?

When I was a young teen, I had a chameleon named Cam. He would turn whatever color he was placed on and I remember him jumping on the living room curtains and blended in so well that we had a difficult time finding him. I also had a hamster who got lost outside during a photo shoot in my mom's flower bed. I never did find him, sorry to say.๐Ÿ˜ž

6.  Please tell us something random about your week so far...

I went to the grocery store yesterday when we returned home and I noticed that I parked next to an identical black Honda CR-V as mine. At the time, I remember thinking that whoever owned the car would most likely come out of the store before me and be gone by the time I came out. Well, wouldn't you know that as I was exiting the store, a lady walking quite a distance ahead of me was heading in the same general direction as I was. I went ahead and clicked my remote a couple of times to unlock my car (of course the lights would flash too) and I noticed she was heading directly towards my car and she actually opened my door! I then hollered a friendly "Uhhh......you've got the wrong car!" and totally confused, she looked back at me and realized she had opened the door to my car instead of hers. Apparently she had clicked her remote at the same time as I did and when she saw my car (which was the closest one) she thought she was unlocking hers! We both got a good little chuckle out of it. How's that for random?


So I'll keep you posted...and I continue to thank you for your prayers.
I am just so grateful to all of you!

Much love,

31 comments:

  1. Happy Happy birthday to Parker, I too, prefer pie for my birthday, and key lime is a favorite.
    Debby, Just keep that farmhouse dream alive it will come into fruition, mine did! God is the giver of dreams and makes them come true.
    It looks like you have a very perceptive Dr Allen, that is such a blessing, I have a dr like that.

    Enjoyed reading about your pets, they do add so much happiness to our lives. After losing our precious dog,Jack, last year, I just haven't been able to find another.
    Sending lots of love and prayers,
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debby... I continue to keep you in my prayers that you get the correct diagnosis and it's the one that you have been hoping for. So glad you found a doctor that you can trust. That's half the battle! Loved reading about your pets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you had such a good time with your family in Tennessee cold weather or not! It seems years pass faster and faster with children and then grandchildren! How wonderful you got to walk across the bridge! Praying right now for you this morning as you undergo the next biopsy, that the doctors will get the evidence they need, and I am praying the answer is negative! I enjoyed all of your tales about your pets, they are so special in our lives! I can't imagine our home without our pets! I will continue lifting you up in prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Continued prayers for you, Debby. So glad you've got a doctor who wants to stay on top of this. I remember when you got Tasha. What a cutie!! My mom felt the same way about animals in the house and I had the same reaction as you. LOL. Happy birthday to Parker. I'd always rather have pie than cake, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Continuing to pray for you, Debby! I pray this may be the last biopsy you will need, and that this one will give a conclusive negative result. God is in full control and we can be so thankful that He knows the end from the beginning. So exciting that you got to walk across the bridge to the place where your new farmhouse will be! That is just like God to give that added bit of encouragement, don't you think?

    Your random happening from the week is indeed very random! What are the odds of that happening -- that you park beside an identical vehicle and then you and its owner unlock your cars at the same moment?

    Have a blessed day, Debby, and keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for you daily my friend and I am anticipating great news. It's the hurry up and wait that just about does me in! Mercy! Of course I live in a microwave world you know and I want everything done quickly. The Lord has been teaching me lately that my timing and His timing are not the same. I laughed out loud about the lady trying to get into your vehicle. Oh girl...I have done the same thing. We just bought me a new ride recently and the first Sunday we drove it to church I found myself trying to get into another person's car that looked like mine. Me and the other lady had a good laugh over it! I hope that you get answers soon dear friend. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. We will be anxious to hear the results from the biopsy this week. I'm so glad the trip was medicine to your soul. Spending time with our kids always does that to us, doesn't it. Enjoyed reading all your pet stories. We had a hampster once that belonged to my sister. It evidently got out of its cage one night and found Gin in the bed. She woke up to find it sitting on her chest looking at her. It scared her so bad she flung it across the room. And that was the end of that pet story. It did break her heart though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so blessed to have the wonderful times with your grandson and getting to cross that bridge. That is good news about your doctor staying on top of all this and hoping and praying you have an answer soon. I love all your pictures of you with your pets and wishing I had done a better job of digging up pics of all the dogs I've loved. I love dachshunds and I had a pair that bonded and looked very much like yours. Some of our answers are very similar … the lesson learned from our parents about indoor pets and the imaginations gone crazy with lost dogs and running around the neighborhood trying to find them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It WILL happen, Debby. It will happen. Never let go of that dream. What a "coincidence" Dr. Allen has appeared in your life at this particular moment :)
    Thank you for sharing such beautiful, personal photos in this heartwarming blog post. God bless Parker. Love those dogs, too!
    And I had a similar experience in a parking lot. I got behind the wheel of an identical car and wondered why someone put a carseat in "my" car.

    Keep looking up, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday to Parker. Best wishes for positive results.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy to hear that your time away and with family was just what you needed. Oh how these grandchildren grow up. Seems it's even faster than our children did. My granddaughter is 13 now and I thought she was just born.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful, restorative time away So glad that you crossed the bridge and walked in the meadow where your home will be. .Sounds as if you have a cautious, caring doctor. As tempting as it might be to wish time would stop, don’t ever fall for that trick. Think Tuck Everlasting! Oh I identified with so much in this post from growing grands to pets to mistaken ID in the parking lot. ๐Ÿ˜

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have a handsome grandson! and I love the name Parker. Glad you got to spend time with your family and walk across that bridge. Especially glad you have a good doctor. That means everything. I love the picture of you holding Parker. That is so special.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are still in my prayers and hope a diagnosis will be found in this next biopsy. A lovely photo of the birthday boy. One of our Grandsons Hector as three today and he was so excited abut been able to have cake for his birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How lovely for you to visit your family and spend fun times with them. Love the photo of you and your wee Parker....so special. Special too, that you visited your little plot of land and walked across your bridge. 'Tis fabulous you have such a "on the ball" doctor. You are indeed in safe and caring hands. I think our pets make the world go around. They add such love to our lives. Cute photo of you as a wee girl and your Tippi. Take care, my lovely friend♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so glad that you had a wonderful time away, and celebrating with your handsome 12 year old grandson was just what you needed. I know it's so hard not to know what is going on, but I'm so pleased to know that you've found the BEST doctor for YOU! Prayers are with you, my friend!
    P. S. I loved the story of the twin Hondas!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that picture of you with your sweet pup when you were little. You are certainly a pet lover. Your grandson is a really handsome young man. How do they grow up so fast...and how did we get this old? lol

    At the school where I used to pick my granddaughters up there were two of us that drove identical SUVS and they were the only ones like it in the city. I can't tell you how many times each of us walked over and tried to get into the other one's car. We both sold our cars about the same time and ended up with totally different vehicles though. lol xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love all of your pet stories and pictures. I was the same way with my mom not wanting pets in the house and now I want them to be with me. I feel like you miss so much with them being outside.
    The same thing happened to me at the Dollar General store about the car probably a year ago or so...I unlocked my car and a man got in it. I was not sure what to do, I went over to the car and he looked at me and he got out and said, he was sorry...he wasn't paying attention and got in the wrong car. His car did look exactly like mine. I told him it was no big deal. Loved your answers!! Enjoy the rest of the week.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your pet stories. My mom never allowed us to have a pet indoors either. Our dogs had to stay tied up since we didn't have a fenced yard. Consequently, they never were the closely loved pets they should have been. Our family now has tried to have several different pets, mostly dogs, but a couple of cats once, but we have moved a lot in our lives and it just didn't work out to keep them. So we just enjoy wildlife and other people's pets. Our son and his wife have two cute pekingnese pups who are our granddogs, and they seem to love us and get really excited when we come to visit...so that is gratifying. I would still prefer some real grandchildren, but don't think that will happen as they are in their 40's. We do have one grandson who is 19 and lives in Maine, which is TOO far away. So...anyway...I do pray for you Debby and hope that they will be able to get some answers for you soon, and that God will bring healing to your body and that you will soon be able to build that farmhouse in TN. Praying for you. God bless you dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Debby, that last random bit is so funny! Our car is a silver SUV... do you know how many silver SUVs are in every parking lot? I always seem to head for the wrong one. Joe just laughs at me.

    Thanks for joining the Medley and sharing your photos and sweet memories of all you pets!! I have really enjoyed reading today!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Debby, know you will be so glad to get to the bottom of your situation. You have been such a trooper through this entire process. I'm still praying that you get good results and it will be an easy "fix."
    You have certainly had your share of pets, guess you've had mine and yours combined. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. How encouraging that you have a doctor who is proactive! That is a blessing! I continue to pray for healing for you and that you are able to rest in His goodness.

    Loved reading your pet stories. Pets are lucky who find their way to your house!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I continue to pray, along with all of the other dear ladies here, and trust God to heal you and give the answers you seek. What a blessing to get to take that trip and see the spot where your farmhouse will be! I know you can't wait to put all of this behind you and move forward, and by God's grace, you will. God is with you, and He is FOR you, and everything, including you, is in His capable hands. Easy to say and hard to believe when walking through such uncertainty and darkness, but it is a comfort to know that He truly is in control, and we are safe in His care. Believing alongside you that you will soon get great news!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awe... such a sweet posting.
    Your dogs are dealing!
    I loved that photo of you with the arrival of that precious baby, cute, cute, cute!

    National Pet day and that it certainly was here in our house hold.
    Our 17 year old cat has been declining for awhile now and while I was away he really went down hill, in fact, I was afraid we would lose him before my return home.
    Well, after some extra loving yesterday he seems to be a little bit stronger even eating just a little.
    It's one day at a time with him right now and likely a phone call away to our vet should be not go in his sleep.

    Your doctor sounds like he is taking every precaution with your health, that must give you such tremendous peace?
    Continuing to hold you up in prayer.

    Have a blessed day ♡

    ReplyDelete
  25. Glad you met with a doctor who listened and answered your questions. Also, that you are being cared for well and not put off. Hope your next biopsy is conclusive. Sweet photo of you with your lst dog. Yippee for the good trip and celebrations of your grandson's 12th birthday. Hope Thursday is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Key lime for your birthday pie?!?! That boy is after my heart!! That truly is my favorite!!! I may have to copy him on my next birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You keep that dream alive! I'm praying for you. I hope to hear from you soon! I'm glad you had a good time in TN. You needed it. My thoughts and prayers, love and hugs are with you constantly. I know those fur babies and real babies are giving you comfort!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Debby! What a handsome young man! Glad you were able to enjoy such a nice time. Love hearing about your pets. I had my little dogs growing up and life just isn't quite right not having a dog.
    Thanks for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your dogs are such cuties! As is your grandson--one year older than my granddaughter. They do grow up too fast. It seems like the early years go on for a bit and then all of a sudden they just grow up! I haven't heard an update on you but I hope they are getting a clear diagnosis for you. Hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today! Your sweet comments are such an encouragement to me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...