Wednesday, June 19, 2019

A Medley with an Attitude

A tom cat with an attitude...
...who would have ever thought that ol' Garfield
would have earned his own day to be celebrated??

NATIONAL GARFIELD THE CAT DAY
JUNE 19


It's Wednesday and once again time for Terri's Wednesday Medley
So hop on over to her blog and find out everything you always wanted to know
about that crazy cat with an attitude, Garfield.
Just copy and paste her questions to your blog post, answer them and link up.

See ya over at the Medley!


1.  If you have ever followed the Garfield comic strip, you know Garfield loves lasagna.  What is your favorite Italian food?  Do you over indulge when it comes to pasta?

I must admit that even though I am familiar with Garfield, I have never really been one to read the comic strip. I never was really into comic strips except when I was a really little girl and Blondie and Dagwood or Beetle Bailey were among the comics of the day...Garfield came along a bit later on. And until I read this, I wasn't even aware that he loved lasagna...see how out of touch I am? BUT, I do love Italian food and if I had to name a favorite, lasagna would be right at the top of that list. Of course I always over indulge, don't you? That is main reason I don't indulge in it often!

2.  Tell us about your very first pet.  If you have never had a pet, can you tell us about an animal that touched your life in some way?



The first pet that I remember was the family dog, Tippy. He was a mut/pomeranian mix and his tail curled up in a perfect "c" over his back. I remember him being a very sweet boy....well, except for that time when he was lying on the doorstep and wouldn't move out of my way so I could get in the house....so I stepped on him....and he had the nerve to nip me in the leg! I have always been an animal lover and have always had a dog or two in my life. It's hard to single out one precious pet from another but I will always have a special connection to this guy right here...


We got Hunter as a tiny pup and he was with us for 13 years. One evening about 4 years ago and completely out of the blue, he had a stroke-like attack and was gone within a couple of hours. I held him against my chest as he took his last labored breath.

3.  Garfield sleeps his day away, only waking to eat or sweet talk his girlfriend Arleen.  How many hours sleep do you normally get each night?  How much sleep do you really need?

I have never been one to sleep in. Even as a little girl, I remember getting up with the chickens even after going to bed relatively late. Over the years, not much has changed...if anything, I probably sleep less. I am up at 4:30 every morning whether I want to be or not. Occasionally I might be able to sleep a little later on the weekends....5 or 5:30... NO KIDDING. I normally go to bed at 10 pm so you can do the math....6 1/2 hours of sleep would probably be the maximum if you don't count the times I wake up throughout the night even though I am able to go right back to sleep most of the time. I really don't think I require those 8 hours of sleep that "they" say I should be getting. Who are "they" anyway??

4.  Garfield lets the mice in the house have their way.  When was the last time you had to chase out a little varmint?

Just let me say that we haven't had a mouse in the house since the feral cats started coming around and we began feeding them. I would guess it's been over a year...and when you live in the woods, having an occasional mouse in the house is just something you learn to expect...but I don't miss see their little beady eyes one iota! 🐭

5.  Garfield also loves his teddy bear Pooky. Did you have a favorite stuffed animal when you were young (or now!)?  If you didn't or don't, what about someone you know?

I did have a special teddy bear that I pretty much wore out. I remember my mom sewing his eyes back on and stitching up worn areas many times. I had many other stuffed animals too and I always treated them gently...never did I throw them around or leave them in an "uncomfortable" position. Whenever I would see that someone else was being rough with them, I always put a stop to it and made sure they were all lovingly placed together so they rested well. In my mind, those sweet little stuffed animals had feelings too...and I must admit, to this very day, it hurts my heart to see stuffed animals that aren't treated kindly. You just don't even know how hard it is for me to buy a gently used stuffed animal at Goodwill to give to my dogs to play with! I know...I'm just weird.

6.  Please tell us something about your week, so far!

Dylan, grandson #2, walked the aisle to Pomp and Circumstance this past Saturday! Boy, it sure makes this Mawmaw feel old! Where did that chubby little boy go? We are so proud of him and are looking forward to him being able to fulfill his dreams of serving in the Army very soon. His daddy, Aaron, couldn't have been more proud of his baby boy!



And yesterday, June 18, marked exactly six years since I hit the "publish" button for the first time, sending My Favorite Things out into the blogosphere. I know six years doesn't seem like such a long time compared to how long some of you have been blogging. I never dreamed nor would I have believed it if anyone would have told me how it would be possible to "meet" so many wonderful and dear friends....many of them, kindred spirits, really. So Happy Blogiversary to me!


Until next time...


23 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your grandson and my early thanks and appreciation for his service to his country! Congratulations, too, on your blogging anniversary. I've been at it with one blog or another since 2000 or 2001 (boy has it changed since then!) and I've met so many people over the years. They have come and gone and some have stuck around. Many are now Facebook friends even though they don't blog. Blogging truly opened up the world to us, didn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blog anniversary! I need to see how long I have been doing this too! I quit once and took about a year off. I remember trying to post three times a week and it got to be too much for me. Once a week is about my limit. I enjoy it but it didn't take me long to figure out that it could consume me if I wasn't careful. I do enjoy it though I need to do a little light housekeeping and delete quite a few that apparently never blog anymore or they never ever respond to my blog at all. OH! I don't think I was suppose to say that. I guess I need to drink another coffee! LOL! I am like you, never was one to do the comic scene. Just couldn't get into it. But I didn't have too because I had an uncle that LOVED the comics in the newspaper and would read everyone of them to us kids.I do enjoy pasta and I have always loved lasagna too. My MIL used to make it homemade and oh it was so good. I love a good plate of chicken fettuccine too! What a fun post and once again, congratulations to your handsome grandson. SLOW DOWN TIME! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary to you! Blogging has been a very special place meeting so many from all over the world! So many have stopped blogging buy I just plod on even so very slowly LOL. Its been sweet getting to know you! Hugs, Roxy Enjoy your summer! My Granson got married and that was WOW Now where did that time go?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy blogaversary to you! Your grandson is handsome and I can only imagine all the thoughts running through your mind as you watched him graduate. It's cute the way you feel about the stuffed animals. I too am an early riser and have been for years! Everybody thinks I'm crazy. Blogging for me began as a way to record special times with the kids, but now I enjoy so much the people I have met (like you) and even though I don't post that often, the memes are good meet-ups with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could never sleep in much either; even in my 20s when there wasn't much going on and I stayed up late, 8 was the latest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely! Happy Blogaversary/Blogiversary/ Whatever! You, my dear, are a natural! Congrats to the Graduate. No way do you look as if you could be his grandmother!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Blogversary and a big congratulations to your handsome Grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy blogversary! I've been blogging for over 10 years, although not much over the last two years. Trying to make my way back. My favorite Italian food is Chicken Marsala or Parmesean. Congrats on the graduate!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to Dylan and Happy blogversary too! Loved your answers! Have a great week!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am one who is so thankful that you hit that publish button six years ago and that our paths have crossed here in Blogland.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Blogiversary to you, lovely Debby♥ I too feel it one of life's joys to visit your lovely place each week. As to the question re 'chasing' out those little unwelcome critters that wiggle their way in from time to time....really?? I am afraid I have another method of making sure they do not squeeze their way in again. =) I hate 'meeces to pieces'. Congratulations to your Dylan. You must be so very proud of your grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your six years! Thanks so much for joining the Medley today, even though you aren't that familiar with Garfield! Congratulations to your grandson too, and bless him for serving our country!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats to the grad! Happy blogaversary!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations to your grandson!!
    I'm right with you on the sleeping, but you are a bit earlier than me. I go to bed between 11 and 11:30 and up between 6 and 6:30.
    This is the first I've heard of National Garfield the Cat Day.
    Happy blog anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations, Dylan! I always loved Garfield...but had been so long since I read him. I enjoyed reading these.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Blogiversary, Debby!! Isn't it amazing to consider the friendships that have been made as a result of blogging?

    Congrats to your grandson on his high school graduation! I know that his family is proud of him!

    I don't know who "they" are, but I don't listen to them either. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on Six years of blogging, Debby, and to your grandson on his graduation!! I always wondered who “they” are, too. I get about as much sleep as you, my friend! We are up with the birds! I’m also not a comic strip reader, either, but loved comic books when I was young, but they were so different back then. Happy weekend to you! 😘

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Blogoversary to you!! I am sorry I didn't find you sooner than this past year! I've been slow on reaching out to others. But I love the new friends I've made here, and thank the Lord for such a sweet group of "kindred spirits". I wish we could all get together in person someday. Loved your post...all sweet stuff. And congratulations to your grandson. They grow up way too fast. Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would have thought you've been blogging longer, Debby! Congratulations on your grandson's graduation and it sounds like he has a self-less plan ahead of him...service for our country. By the way, are they making diplomas smaller than they used to, or is that just the camera view. Gee I have mended many a stuffed animal over the years. Enjoyed your post so much, even though I'm "late" reading it. Retirement is as busy as I heard it would be, and I'm finding I am slower at reading blogs, though I love reading them. Hope you have a good week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Many congratulations on your grandson's graduation, great photographs.
    Happy Blogoversary to you - the years go by so quickly :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  21. nice blog my friend...
    please visit my blog too

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today! Your sweet comments are such an encouragement to me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...