Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Moving Day, Take Two

Yes, it's me and I haven't posted to my blog in over a month.
Not much going on to report...
...until this happened over this past weekend.


I was beginning to think this day would never come. (well...not really)



We've been here in Tennessee since October 6, and we thought it would take a just a few weeks
to temporarily camp out in Adam's yard and be down the hill in a couple months, maximum.



Well, I won't even go there because y'all know the story and that's not the point of this post...
...it would be like beating a dead horse....and have I mentioned the rain?
Thought so.



So last week we actually had several days of dry weather in a row,
just what we needed to get "the man" out there with the loads of churt and his heavy equipment...
...a pad for our "pad" in other words. 😉


And here it is, all level and perfect waiting for the arrival of our "pad".


Anyway, miracle of all miracles, this past weekend it finally happened!
I mean, it probably wasn't a true miracle...but yeah, maybe it was.









We had one window of opportunity on Saturday because the rain was to return by that evening.


But we made it....HALLELUJAH!!


And now that we're here, I've been as busy as a li'l ol' bee...
...unpacking boxes that I really couldn't unpack before, finding a place for everything,
and putting everything in its place.
That's another post entirely. 😊
~
And now that I'm pretty much confined from going to public places due to...well...you know,
(and in the words of Forrest Gump, “that’s all I’m gonna say ‘bout that”)
I've got plenty of safe places to roam, birds that wake me up every morning,
and something beautiful to open my windows to everyday...even if it's still raining most of the time.

Do I sound like a happy camper?
I guess that's because I am...but most of all, God is GOOD!


Until next time, friends.

Love,

19 comments:

  1. Wonderful your "pad" is now in situ. Surely the rain will stop soon and the sun will come out shine on your little plot of land.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how exciting for you! I know this is great progress, and now you can enjoy watching your dreams coming true one day at a time! Praying the rain goes away and gives you many good days to get this party rolling!!! Enjoy your new environment. We hope to see many pictures of every new discovery!! Blessings to you, dear friend. Enjoy and be a very "Happy Camper".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an upbeat post and what a beautiful place for 'social distancing'. So happy for you and your blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! Moving right along...even if it has been at a slower pace. That's a big AMEN! So happy for you friend. Girl....God's timing is surely EVERYTHING to us and we just gonna keep trusting Him every step of the way. We are going to trust His perfect timing with your home too. Love you lady. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I call it a miracle, especially after all the passage of time. It’s such a beautiful spot for your country home. Now may the weather cooperate so progress can continue. Thanks for popping in today! Keep us up on the progress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey neighbor!
    Welcome to the South and rollercoaster weather. Isn't it great? LOL It looks like you have a great spot for building. I hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great news, Debby! Hallelujah is so right! Enjoy your time in your new spot and take in all the beautiful sights and sounds of Spring. Stay safe and healthy in your cozy camper. 😘

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy for you. Hope you enjoy all the beauty around you, which I'm sure you will! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that is so exciting . Being surrounded by the beauty that only God can create has to be refreshing and encouraging . I hope that you get lots of time outdoors and are able to soak in all that beauty .

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so excited and happy for you!! Don't be a stranger now! We need to know how things are going! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  11. So nice to see a post from you and to hear you got the RV there and hooked up.
    Hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello!!! So happy for your move to your area for the building of your dream home! At least you are in a safe place and you can take walks and rides in the country area. May the sunshine dry all the dreary rainy days and let the bulding begin! Enjoy it all sweet lady...
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so happy for you! It's absolutely beautiful there! Have you ever known such a wet windy winter? We get just peeps of sun here. By the time I get excited and start outside, it's cloudy again. :) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Debby, So glad you have made a step further towards your dream home! I guess I didn't realize you were in a temporary temporary place. Now I guess you can watch all the action as the house is built, whenever that is. Meanwhile it looks like we have another week of rain--at least here. Stay well and take care!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such good news from you and for you, Debby! Enjoy this next great step in your future. Now just stay home and stay healthy!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That really is wonderful news! I know that makes you feel one step closer to your dream! I hope you stay healthy and happy my friend! Take care of yourself! Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yippee! How exciting! I know you're excited! You have all the wonderful, open air! I'd love to be there with you and a cup of coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OH how very wonderful that your moving day has come! I hope your enjoying the new space and that all is going smoothly!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today! Your sweet comments are such an encouragement to me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...