Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Did someone say Hodgepodge?



YES THEY DID!
And it looks like our friend Joyce is back at it!

Linking up with the Hodgepodge was a fun way of meeting many sweet blogging friends
and also, I have to admit, being accountable to posting on a regular basis as well.
Then Terri, our friend from Florida followed along with the Wednesday Medley
and she had a way of always keeping me on my toes...and accountable.
~
Life changes, our responsibilities change and sometimes life just gets crazy!
Thank you, Joyce...I know your world has changed a whole lot too!
So things here have calmed down a bit (they have?) and I was thrilled to hear the news!
~
Here in Haywood Hollow, it has literally turned green overnight.
The winter rains, which have never stopped, I'm now calling spring rains...
...it's much more pleasing to the ear, don't you think?
(shhhh...don't tell anyone but it's supposed to be dry and 80 degrees by Thursday.)

So here are just a few shots of my new views before we get started...



Ahhh...as I sit here now writing this post, window open, I hear the creek in the distance.



See our little camper in the distance?



Found this deflated Valentine balloon and although I was really glad that someone was going to love his Dearest Patricia forever, it still kinda made me sad that her balloon got away from her. πŸ’


The entry into the "Enchanted Forest"...


This purple dead nettle is growing as thick as carpet everywhere you look.
It seems to be a pretty amazing plant so I think I'll go rub it all over me...maybe even eat some.
It may be the answer to all my health issues, who knows?
This carpenter bee sure like it.


Our humble abode.



Okay...enough, enough...I know.
~
So now let's get on with the Hodgepodge.
Just copy and paste Joyce's questions from her blog to yours, answer them, and link back to her post!

1. Howdy Hodgepodgers. It's kind of fun to be back, isn't it?  Last time we met was September, 2018. Tell me something big-important-happy-or sad that's happened in your life since that date. Just one thing. We don't know how long this current isolation situation is going to last and we might need to dole out our news bit by bit.

Oh, this is big-important AND happy news! Most of you know this is huge for us....we have retired and relocated to Tennessee. We left North Carolina on October 5, 2019 and have been living in our cozy (did I say small?) RV, basically camping out in our son, Adam's driveway until a little over a week ago when we were finally able to move down the mountain and onto our property and the building site. So much more on the horizon but that's all fodder for future posts. Construction should begin whenever we see the heavy equipment arrive in early April...but, well...you know...

2. Might as well get this out of the way early on...COVID-19. On a scale of 1-5 how serious are you about keeping your distance? Explain. fyi-I didn't create the scale but have seen it several places online. Also fyi-we won't only have virus related questions each week, but for this first one it feels right.

1-Not at all, living normally

2-Cautious but still going out

3-Going out as needed, mostly home or working from home, still seeing friends/family

4-Extremely limited, only going out when unavoidable, minimal contact with people

5-Full lockdown, no one in or out

I have to admit at first that the media was just doing what they do best, hyping things up. I had already decided from the start that I refused to live in fear but then I guess I realized as it was spreading so fast, I needed to rethink it a bit. I think the clincher was when Adam's office suggest  he work from home so as not to be exposed and bring it home to me and my compromised immune system. Let's just say I went from #1 to a #4. Good thing for me, I really don't feel confined since we are out in the middle of nowhere with plenty of room to roam. We have been practicing social distancing between our two households for the most part and we do plan to grill some burgers and dogs here at our place in the next day or two...and eat outside. The rest of the family has been homebound for days with limit trips for food and supplies.

3. Raise your hand if you think you might run out of steam in the cooking department before it's all said and done? What's something delicious you've cooked or eaten in your own kitchen in the past week?

I think we will get by just fine, however long it goes on. We have only gotten some drive-thru food a couple of times since this thing began. I am actually having fun experimenting cooking in a small space. 😏 I made spaghetti a couple of nights ago (yes, I do think I like cooking with gas) and gluten-free pancakes with turkey sausage this morning. The RV also has an outside kitchen and Jim has done some grilling...steaks last week!

4. What's a television show or movie you've seen recently (it could be an oldie) that you really liked?

Hmmm...I'm not watching much TV since we can only pull in four channels until we get set up with one of those 150 mile antennas. We do have access to Netflix and Hulu via my internet hotspot. When we were parked up in the driveway, we were able to pull in quite a few channels with the RV antenna and we had access to MeTV, MyTV, Antenna TV and major news outlets. Now, back to your specific question...Jim and I both have enjoyed getting reacquainted with Leave it to Beaver, My Three Sons, Hazel, Father Knows Best, among others. Currently we can't get any of them....WAAHHH!

5. Share something funny you've seen or heard this week.



 How would you caption this??

6. Insert your own random thought here

Not really my own random thought...a friend of mine shared this on her Facebook page yesterday. Dear Lord Jesus, please let this be so...and preaching to the choir here.


 So before I go, let me share a little sumpin sumpin I put together to spring up the place a bit.
Don't look too awful close at those high dollar Walmart flowers!  


And didn't Adam do a great job on those stairs?


May you all stay safe and healthy, dear friends...
...sending my love and prayers.

22 comments:

  1. You live in a beautiful area. It's lovely to see all your pictures now we're on lock down in the UK..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debby... your wreath is darling! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed your post this morning my friend. I have been praying for you as well as several other friends that have immune issues too. God is the BOSS for sure and I do believe that He is SPEAKING....just wondering if we are LISTENING.Just loving that wreath on your door. How pretty. I am still working PT but in an environment that there are only two at the most three of us there at one time and my foot traffic has declined a lot which I am thankful for. I did have all my babies to eat Sunday dinner as usual this past Sunday but they are my little ducks and we all played it safe as we could. The little ones surely has no clue what is happening and all they want to do is play and eat. LOL! Speaking of cooking...GIRL we ain't missed no meals at my house due to Coronavirus. I made a pot of deer sausage and rice, Potato casserole, green beans, pot of collards, and corn bread! Yep, greens needing picking from the garden so we had two kinds of greens. We eating good! LOL! Stay safe my friend and we will continue to keep our eyes on Jesus. My random thought is this: What a perfect opportunity for us to a HOPE to those to have no HOPE. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your view is gorgeous.

    And your choice for something funny ...is very funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I loved the taste of spring! Thank you for sharing the photos of your new home. It's a beautiful area. That poem is great. I hope and pray that is what comes out of this. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved reading this and especially that last thought you shared. May it be so! πŸ™. Your wreath is gorgeous! πŸ’œπŸ’›πŸ’šπŸŒΏ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sure enjoyed seeing all your lovely and beautiful photos.
    Adam did a great job on the stairs.
    I'm glad we are out in the country too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the views of your new place. Hoping for you that the building will start soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your surroundings are lovely. We have plenty of outdoor space here and will likely be boating soon, which we love. We can see friends on the water but at a safe distance. I love cooking with gas and think its so much more efficient. Take care and stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So good to be back reading from hodgepodgers! Love your spring wreath and those stairs are great! So glad you are getting closer and closer to that house in the woods. Congratulations on retirement. Yes, may God instill in us what really matters and draw us ever closer to Him! Stay safe and keep the Faith.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved loved this post, Debby, especially the wonderful scenery, I could sit by that creek all day.
    Yes Adam did a great job on the steps as well as you did on the spring wreath.
    LOVE THE THOUGHTS BY KAREN KINGSBURY.
    BLESSINGS,
    SUE

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well you my friend sure know how to make a place look and feel like home. You are such a good photographer and love that you see beauty in the most simple or complex things in nature. So good to be back with you on the Hodgepodge and can't wait to watch your upcoming adventure unfold.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your wreath is beautiful!! I love it! It is so great having the Hodgepodge back!! I love seeing the photo of where you are living now that you are on the site of your future home!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE your spring wreath! So beautiful! And the area you live in now, is so refreshing. I'm sure you are excited to build in that beautiful spot!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am also so glad the Hodgepodge is back. You new home looks so peaceful and like a great spot to be in right now with so much land. You pics are making me want to paint my toes for spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Green grass and running water, those are some of the best things to have around you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love to read your Hodgepodges, Debby . . . I am glad they're back! I am also glad that you are taking care to steer clear of COVID0-19. A little precaution is a good thing. Of course, we know that our times are in His hands. Isn't that a comforting thought, virus or no?

    Your new home is wonderful. So peaceful and beautiful. I love the wreath you made . . . great job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So good to stop in for a visit with you, Debby! Wonderful to hear you are on your piece of property now...it sounds so beautiful and peaceful from your description and the pictures you shared at the beginning of your post! Wish I could come for a ramble out in nature...it's going to be tough being confined to our city home over the next three weeks. {{Sniffs}
    Sending love and hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Debby, I did enjoy your post and catching up …
    Beautiful photographs the spring wreath is gorgeous.
    I have recently bought out a few more spring-like decorations and ornaments around the house … must get the Easter Bunnies out soon.

    My good wishes

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, Debby, ya'lls area is just gorgeous and I know you all will enjoy living there once it is all "said and done." At least you don't have much to keep clean right now. Take care and stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  21. How wonderful to see your signs of Spring in your little spot of Heaven on earth, Debby. You have a beautiful area to be confined to. Your wreath looks so pretty and those steps that Adam built are perfect. I’m praying for you. Stay safe and happy! 😘

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your wreath. Pansies always make me think of my grandma, she passed away a few years ago. The other day when I was at the grocery store, they had pansies out and I was glad she didn't have to worry about all this stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today! Your sweet comments are such an encouragement to me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...