Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Springin' into the Hodgepodge

So here it is, Wednesday, the first day of April...no foolin' 😉...
...and we can finally put that l-o-n-g month of March behind us.



((smiles))

Unfortunately, it sounds like the COVID-19 pandemic will most likely get much worse
before it gets better.
It's a sobering time...one that I never dreamed I'd be a witness to.
But this is not a doom and gloom post...for those of us who put their trust in the Lord,
we know who holds tomorrow!


...and on another note, entirely...


...and of course, Forrest always adds his two cents.


But right now, it's time for the Hodgepodge.

Just click on the link above, copy/paste the questions from Joyce's blog to yours,
and link your published post to the end of hers at the Linky and join the fun!


1. Has spring sprung in your part of the world? How can you tell? Did March come in like a lion where you live? Going out like a lamb or something more ferocious?

Oh, absolutely! I shared some of my springy shots with y'all last week and after more rain this past week and temps in the 70s and 80s, the trees are all turning a lush bright green...and that's just one of the ways I can tell!


 
This is the view from the bedroom and the birds have already found the feeders too. You know, it seems like March has been dragging on forever and I just remember that it was rainy and cold on March 1st. Even though we personally didn't get any of the effects from the devastating tornado in Nashville, March most definitely came in like the King of Beasts on March 3rd. How is it leaving us? Bet you can't guess...RAINY and COLD...but wait....what's that I see peeking through the clouds? Why, it looks like a touch of blue sky and the sun is on the verge of shining! More like a lamb, if you ask me. 🐑 

2. The last thing that caused you to spring to your feet?

Funny you should ask that question. Last week a man drove up and served us an "eviction" notice of sorts, can you believe it?  He was a building inspector from the county (with an attitude) and after not-so-nicely informing us that we were not allowed to live in an RV except in a RV park, told us we could not stay here. I put him on the phone with Adam (who he did not want to talk to) and after some conversation, he told Adam to call Debbie So-and-so at "this" number. Adam jumped on it immediately and in less than 30 minutes, we could breathe again. All that was needed was a copy of our blueprints and the name of our builder. Sometimes it's all about how one presents the situation and themself. It seems this certain building inspector may have been suffering from "little man syndrome". I know, I know, he was just doing his job but talk about something that will cause you to spring to your feet...WHEW! Needless to say we were singing Jesus' praises all the day long and still are!

3. Do you have a spring clean to-do list? What's one chore on the list you've already managed to accomplish? What spring clean chore do you most dread?

One thing about RV living is that it doesn't take you very long to clean anything. And in keeping with the question, my very least favorite would probably be cleaning the windows. Keeping dog slobbers off them now is my greatest challenge since they both love to lay on he back of the couch right at window level and bark at everything that moves. I found out very quickly that this is not going to be a seasonal issue....but an "all-the-time" issue. So this spring in lieu of the typical spring cleaning thing, I have some projects for the new house that I'm working on. A couple of years ago when I wrote this post, there were so many images and lots of ideas of what we wanted in the farmhouse, among them finding vintage sinks for the kitchen and both bathrooms. We were so  excited when we found a kitchen AND bathroom sink both in good condition (and more than a bit dirty) on Facebook Marketplace at the same location. We are still on the lookout for another sink whenever we're able to be out and about again. Now the real fun begins...here's just a little sneak preview for now...



4. Tell us something you've learned about yourself or the wider world as a result of social distancing/the virus crisis.

For me, personally, it has taken extraordinary circumstances like these to show me that I don't always have to be rushing off somewhere (which is a form of escape for me) and that I can find more peace and make such better use of my time now that I'm forced to stay home. I've done more praying and seeking God's will for my life these past few weeks than I've ever remembered doing. It is my utmost desire and prayer that I will not go back after COVID-19 is long gone out of the daily headlines. And in the wider world...well, there are just no words to describe how everyone from our government leaders (federal, state and local) healthcare workers, manufacturers, truckers, grocery store employees, restaurant workers, celebrities...I mean the list goes on and on...is going above and beyond anything I have ever seen. God is bringing His people together right before our very eyes. May He recieve ALL of the glory!

5. Something you love that's the color pink?


Amazon
I'll be honest...it was a long, hard winter for me. I was in the hospital in NC on two different occasions in January and when I started feeling better and getting out about again, I found myself being drawn to pink. Pink is such a happy color! I found these great base layer shirts for layering and ordered several different colors. That's right...me, someone who was always removing layers had turned into someone who couldn't get warm enough! So the pink one became my favorite...in fact, I just happen to have it on today with my pink socks, of course!



Then there was this phone case.....


Amazon

6. Insert your own random thought here.

I have no doubt that we'll all get through this and life will return to normal, whatever that looks like. But hopefully, at least for me, I hope it will be a different kind of normal...one that has taught me not to take anything for granted and to never forget that God is/was there, right in the midst of the chaos. But until then, we all have new boundary lines to observe. Then I saw this...



So that's it for another Hodgepodge! 


Hang in there...and much love to all!

25 comments:

  1. Excellent, uplifting post, Debby. If I start feeling under the circumstances, I will read it again. Oh there is nothing worse than an inspector of any kind with little man syndrome. They know how to strike terror in people and they love doing it. John had more than one tango with such building inspectors. Thankfully, he always prevailed. So glad that you did, too.

    From what I can see, you are looking pretty in pink. 🌷

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lovely phone case!

    The inspector guy got me irritated just reading about him. Glad you were able to get everything sorted out.

    Blessings, and stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post, Debby! Good to remember that God is in control & not those mouthy little men (& women) on the "news" shows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking April is going to feel just as long, mostly because we're all hanging out inside.
    Stay Safe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect! Loved this so much. So glad the building inspector guy was put in his place and that you are safe on your own property, enjoying the budding and blooming of spring while you await the budding and blooming of your new home. Your pink choices are wonderful. Love the phone cover. Those sinks are great. I love old sinks too. I had a small bathroom sink similar to that one sitting outside at our old house that I had planned to make a potting table with, but when we moved I gave it away. Sorry. But it would be too heavy to send you. I'm sure one will show up. Can't wait to see how they will look in your new home. Hang in there and stay strong. God is with you. Praying for your health and strength each new day. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh, you always make me smile, Debby! Thank you. Yikes glad you got that living permit settled. All the gifs you shared made me chuckle. You gathered some great ones. Those sinks look like great projects. God bless you dearly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had 'extras' in our Sunday School Zoom class last week. I do believe God can use this to draw people to Him. I'm so glad you were able to get the building situation worked out. Talk about anxiety! Enjoy your lovely view!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad the building inspector was put in his place!! I dread cleaning the windows and if the rain doesn't stop soon, I won't fret over it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving that phone case! Glad Adam got that worked out for you. WHOA! Keeping you in my prayers and I am holding onto "God's Got This" for us all girlfriend. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so enjoyed reading your uplifting post today, Debby. I had every intention of joining in today but just didn't have time yesterday to get a post done. I like your pink shirt and socks. It is such a pretty color, and I'm coming to like it more and more, since my little granddaughter loves pink and purple. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post, Debby! I have been praying for your building project and that things would go smoothly. Guess that little guy was one of the first bumps in the road. So glad it all got straightened out.

    I like pink, too. I think it truly does lift the spirits.

    It'll be interesting to see what God does in this situation ... I do pray He will use it to draw people to Himself and that we will see a real turnaround in our nation.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I too have learned the lesson of not having to run here and there. I've thought to myself many times that my mother didn't have to run to the grocery store every day. She was always home at work. You live in a lovely place and I am glad that little man got everything straightened out! Cleaning windows was mine, too. My dog jumps on and slobbers on the door. I can't keep it clean.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The purple dress picture sure made me smile. That is some dress!!!
    We've had to deal with those kinds of inspectors too. Not pleasant. Sure glad it all got straightened out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amen. I like that phone case, I have a similar one but may have to get that one next. Glad your visit from the building inspector worked out. Have a good rest of the week :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well that inspector did not do himself any favors and now all these women are after him. Not a good place to be. I can't wait to see what all you are collecting to add character to your future home. Thanks for all the words of encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Where to begin! I love that gorgeous pink shirt and the phone case. I might just 'need' a case like that. most of the time, I'm doing ok with this social distancing , but there are some days when it all seems too much for me. I know, I know, it's the evil one trying to get me down and i can't let that happen. Glad you got to stay put in your RV. Sounds like someone was trying to throw his weight around.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I sure enjoyed your responses today! It is so fun having the Hodgepodge back! Oh my goodness to that inspector showing up like that and trying to evict you from your own property! Sure glad it got sorted out in good time! I am finding some peace in this crazy times and am so thankful for Jesus in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love that phone case and glad you got your building inspector issues sorted out.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for the Bible quotation at the end. Very re-assuring.

    Thanx also for a wonderful Blog. Best wishes.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Strange times but so glad all is well with you. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Debby, you're a bright spot here in Blogland, with or without your cheerful pink socks and shirt! Indeed, God is Lord of all . . . including the coronavirus, you and me, and your place of address! (Rejoicing with you that you were not "evicted" from your spot!)

    Love your vintage sinks!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, some guys are much inflated with themselves. Too bad because they invariably get their just desserts, eventually. Have you ever noticed how many short "peacocks" drive obnoxiously lifted trucks? It's an ego thing/thang.
    Anyways, happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Debby,
    I agree with these wonderful sayings. I think God is sending us a warning shot with this virus to knock it off down here and change our lives!!! Stay safe sweet friend.
    xoxo
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  24. God bless you and keep you healthy and safe continually, Debby!

    ReplyDelete
  25. So glad to see you are doing well with all this going on! I've been out of the blogging loop for a bit as life has been so crazy! Trying to get caught up with everyone again :-) Have a wonderful weekend!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today! Your sweet comments are such an encouragement to me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...