Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Wednesday Hodgepodge

So it's Wednesday and time for another Hodgepodge.
I pray everyone is doing well and getting through this time of social distancing the best they can.
It seems to have become a new way of life, hasn't it?
And when this is all over, are you going to miss the term social distancing as much as I am?
(insert sarcasm here)
~
So over the weekend we planted us a little garden...




It doesn't look like much now (who knows, maybe it never will) but if all goes well,
there will be corn, pole beans, yellow and zucchini squash, cucumbers,
two varieties of tomatoes, sweet potatoes and later this summer,
 I plan to try my hand at spinach and beets.
This should be interesting...
~
So enough of my babbling and let's head on over to the Hodgepodge....
...I think you know what to do. 😊

*CLICK HERE*



1. What's something you resolved to do this year? 

First and foremost would be to get some definitive answers to these nagging health issues which have become the biggest thorn in my flesh for nearly a year a half. Of course, it's not anything that's in my control but let me just say that I'm doing everything I can do...the rest is up to the Great Physician. Secondly, to finally get somewhat settled here in our new surroundings in Tennessee...for months it seemed like we were just on a very l-o-n-g camping trip...without actually going anywhere. 

Have you done it? I'd say that we are as settled as we can be here, now that we are actually on our property and will very soon be watching the farmhouse become a reality...God willing and the creek don't rise! Stay tuned...it should be soon!

2. Where do you go to find quietude?


Around here, quietude (I love that word) is in great abundance and is easily found...whether it's taking a leisurely stroll along the perimeter of the land, a hike into the Enchanted Forest...



 ...or walking along the bank of the winding creek...quietude is everywhere to be "heard".



When the weather doesn't allow, I have a little spot reserved here in the RV....with a door. 😊
Very soon, this lovely quietude will be replaced by the sounds of big trucks and heavy equipment so I will have to drift a little farther away to find it. I'm not complaining though.



3. A friend asked this question on her Facebook page and said I could borrow it for the Hodgepodge...you're only allowed to buy 5 things at the grocery store, and all must start with the first letter of your first name. Whatcha' buying?

This was no easy feat! I thought this was going to be a piece of cake...hmmm...cake....nope that's a "c". So after much contemplation, here's my list...

*Dannon Light & Fit Yogurt
*Dried apricots
*Dark chocolate
*Dry cereal (aren't most cereals dry?)
*Dessert...(a.k.a. CAKE!)

4. The television show Survivor, the Gloria Gaynor song 'I Will Survive', survival mode, survival of the fittest...pick one and discuss.

Honestly, none of these really fit who I am. Now if you want to literally take the title of the Gloria Gaynor song, "I Will Survive", I'll go with that option...because I will! 👍

5. Share a favorite quote or saying about strength.



And after you have suffered a little while,
the God of all grace, who has called you to his 
eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore,
confirm, strengthen and establish you.

1 Peter 5:10

6. Insert your own random thought here.

For the past several days, we had been having trouble with the thermostat in the RV. It would either go all the way up to 90 (even on cool) or would just turn off or on inadvertently. We tried resetting it to no avail...that sucker seemed to have a mind of it's own! So after a bit more tinkering with the controls, I took off the cover....and what did I find? Are you ready?



All of a sudden, I had yet ANOTHER reason to despise stink bugs! No more problems...except for a few of those little monsters who refuse to leave. 😖

So that's it for me until next time...and I'll have to miss the party next week.
I'll be traveling to Duke in NC on Thursday for several appointments over the next week
and an essential procedure that cannot be rescheduled...kinda scary right now, I know.
The first thing I am not looking forward to getting tested for COVID19...
I wonder if it's as awful as they say it is? But a necessary evil, just the same.
 I do so covet your prayers, dear friends!

♥Hugs to all!♥

24 comments:

  1. Oh, Debby...how exciting you have planted a garden! There is something so thrilling about digging up a new patch of land and sowing seeds, isn't there? I spent the morning in my little garden...it is coming along quite nicely now. Although the weeds still seem to be growing way too fast! {{Smiles}}
    I love all the beautiful nature pictures you shared throughout this post...how lovely it is living in a quiet spot, surrounded by nature. I do so miss farm life!
    Sending hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden looks good! I hope it will flourish and make lots of delicious food! We have a garden, too, but it's struggling a bit, due to 5 inches of rain in less than 18 hours...
    Best wishes with your travels and medical procedure.
    Kathy (Reflections by Kathy)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your garden. I am still pulling taters. They have done well for us this season. Finally dug up the collards but they were so good to us this year! Just kept a coming. My cukes are coming up good but I am thinking we are going to have replant our squash. Several of my mater bushes has blooms. As soon as I pull the last of the taters gonna plant some peppers. We do small too. Just enough to piddle in. Praying for you daily dear friend and YES...the great Physician....He's the man! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just had a stink bug infestation. Ugh. The Mister found out how they were getting in so crisis averted. Good luck on your tests, Debby. I will keep you in my prayers. Stay strong and stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "D" grocery store items are not that easy, are they, but "deserts" are all encompassing. I am so sorry about your upcoming trip for more tests, but we are trusting that they will reveal answers that will lead to your complete recovery. Thank you for sharing that scripture - perfect. Would you also, please enjoy some of your wooded quietude for me too?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your garden really does look good, wishing you every success with it. You will be in my prayers as you go through your procedure and tests. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will be praying for you this next week. Trusting God will be with you and all will be well. And for that stink bug? Well, he stinks! Ha ha. We had a cockroach do that to our ac/heater one time, actually he fried himself in the process. Fine with me, but he shorted out our system, and we had to call a repairman. Love your little escape room. That is so special, especially that it is in the RV! How sweet. Love your garden, and your "enchanted forest" and winding creek. I would have a hard time staying away from those lovely places. So happy your home will soon be under construction. Praying all goes well in every situation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Debby!
    Somehow I thought you were in North Carolina. I'm partial to Tenn., meself, of course. :)
    Your garden looks great. After the recent debacles in the grocery stores I think a lot of us are planning to grow more this year. Ha, dark chocolate was a brilliant answer to the must haves question. I agree. I don't know what health problem you're facing, but I'll keep you in my prayers. We learned the hard way to get a diagnosis from a physician then an alternative treatment that isn't so heavy on the drugs. I pray the Lord will direct your path for treatment.
    Have a great day!
    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the serenity it looks like that area provides what a lovely place reminds me of my grandmothers farms where I was always comfortable at. So glad you may be gaining your answers you search for I had a scare for about 2 years myself and I am also on the mend
    come see our answers at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praying all goes well at Duke, Debby, You are going to have so much fun working in your new garden your soil looks nice.
    Good luck with building the farmhouse, we built ours 20 yrs. ago.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will add you to my prayers Debby. I think the test is quick. Have you had a flu test before? I was shocked when I had one several years ago. It goes way up there too. You have a lovely setting for your farmhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your places of quietude. Will be keeping you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm all for picking up dark chocolate at the grocery store. I had a hard time with the letter W.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sure you're garden will be wonderful and you'll have lots of good things to eat from it.
    Bet you can guess where my quiet times are - morning walks!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just listened to a Q&A on YouTube by a doctor who says the swab test has been replaced by spitting in a tube/cup for C-19. Hope you get that one! I enjoyed your post today! Somehow my Feedly gave me a Hodgepodge that is 7 years old. I have no idea! Stay well and you are in my prayers as you travel to Duke. Do please keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Praying that this will be your best year ever, Debby!
    And standing by to see how your garden grows:)
    Big hug, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh man those stupid stink bugs! They are so annoying. Glad you found it. Your garden looks great. Good for you for gettin her ready. Praying for the best for you as you get your procedure done and get tested for COVID. Love that verse from 1 Peter! Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, I love your cozy little getaway spot inside the camper! I can see why you would want to spend time there! And, that rotten, little stink bug! Can you imagine? Something so small causing such a problem. Reminds me of little sins in our lives and how they can wreak the most havoc. I love your garden space, and I trust the Lord will bless it to produce abundantly for you, sweet friend. I am praying for you as you go to Duke. I just know GOD is in control of all of this, and He knows how long you have suffered and sought the answers you need. May He just place the right medical staff in your path and most of all, heal you and make you whole, in Jesus' name. I believe with all my heart that there are wonderful things ahead for you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good Morning sweet friend. Love your garden area and I bet in the next few months you are going to surprise yourself with some great and fresh veggies. Yum nothing like home grown. I love your answer to the questions especially the grocery store question. Too fun. Have a great rest of the week.
    xoxo
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  20. Debby maybe they will give you the new and simpler test. And I hear they even have come up with a spitting one. That shouldn't be so hard for any of us to do! I've been fascinated with RVs lately--maybe because some friends just got one, but of course can't go anywhere yet. And I'm watching one be built on IG. Yours looks so cozy! I hope all your medical work goes very well next week. Your garden looks wonderful! What a life you have a head of you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well done on planting out your garden area …
    Happy growing :)

    Sending my good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your quietude area, Debby. It’s so serene! How funny about the nasty stink bug causing issues. Eek! Prayers are always being said for you and best of luck as your head for your tests. Hugs and blessings.....

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lordy- I hate those stink bugs!What a wonderful area you live in, Debby, and I know you are so excited to see your new home started (and even more excited to see it finished and liveable).
    I am so glad that your health has improved from what it was- I was worried about you and kept you in my prayers as you were going through your health scare.
    Stay Safe--and enjoy that Quietude! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  24. It looks like things are starting to become more like home for you! I love your garden and I'm sure it'll be so beautiful as the plants flourish. I enjoyed reading through your questions....even the stink bugs. :) Never a dull moment.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today! Your sweet comments are such an encouragement to me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...