Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Somewhere Over the Rainbow.....Bridge


Didn't we just do this?

Wednesdays sure do roll around quickly these last days of summer.
We are about to enter one of my favorite months, September,
the month I like to refer to as the Gateway to Autumn.
And it's almost my birthday and I feel greatly blessed to still be among the living...
...although I think I've aged about 10 years since my last one. 😒 
~
It's also time for Terri's Wednesday Medley...


Terri has been just a tad preoccupied for the past couple of days.
She now has a brand new knee!
Sending much love and prayers to you, dear Terri!
May you have a quick and complete recovery, sweet friend.
By the way, if you feel as good as your Facebook photo looks like you do,
then praise the Lord!
~
There are no Medley questions today...
...it's up to us to share a bit about a beloved fur baby (or babies) that have passed on.
So today, August 28, is a day set aside to remember these beloved pets...
...or more specifically, passed over the Rainbow Bridge.

Rainbow Bridge Remembrance Day - August 28

Rainbow Bridge Remembrance Day - August 28

from the web
It's a comforting thought to believe this is what really happens when a pet dies, isn't it?
There are many thoughts and beliefs out there as whether we will see them again in heaven.
Since I am not a Bible scholar, I don't have a clear answer, only what I hope to be true.
We are told in the scriptures that heaven will be filled with all things wonderful.
There are many places online to search for answers on this topic but until we get there,
we will just have to wait and see, won't we?
I did, however, find this Q & A on the Billy Graham Evangelical Association site
and I really thought it answered the question well. 

Q: Will there be animals in heaven?

A: God has a special reason and place for each of His created beings. Animals, too, have a purpose in God’s creation. Man, as the highest order of creation, has been given dominion over the animal kingdom (Genesis 1:26-28).

We believe that animals were intended for man’s enjoyment and use. The Bible itself does not indicate that there is life after death for animals. It may be that God’s purpose for animals is fulfilled on this earth. However, if animals would make us happier in heaven, surely there will be a place for them there.

Some Bible interpreters have called attention to Isaiah’s description of the peace of God’s future kingdom where he says that “the wolf and the lamb will feed together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox” (Isaiah 65:25). Heaven will lack nothing that is good and that will bring glory to God.
 ~
So animals, in general, most likely will be there...but will we see or recognize our pets?
Only our Creator knows the answer to that question.
Although it's a comforting thought to believe that we will see our beloved pets in heaven,
I also know that if that is not going to happen, I won't be sad.

"He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”
Revelation 21:4
~
Over the years, we have lost several pets, be it by old age or getting hit by a car.
The latter is a most heartbreaking experience.

Our sweet boy, Hunter
But it was when we lost our precious Hunter in 2015, that was most devastating.
It was quite sudden and completely unexpected,
the night before we were to fly to Florida for a vacation.


I wrote about it on my blog and you can read about it here if you like.
~
So now that I'm all sad and everything, I will say goodbye for now.
Oh...I almost forgot...by the time some of you may be reading this post,
I'll be taking one of the best naps (via Propofol) that you could ever have....short but v-e-r-y relaxing.
I am getting my new and improved, long-lasting (so they say) stent this morning.
That's the plan anyway...but y'all know how my plans go. 😏
More excitement is on the horizon but I will share about that later...
...hmm...I wonder what it could be.....???

13 comments:

  1. If you ever get a chance check on Wikipedia about a Twilight Zone episode called The Hunt. The episode was written by Earl Hamner of The Waltons fame. The story is briefly about a hillbilly and his coon dog who both die in a coon hunting accident. They are in the hereafter walking along a road when they come to a gate where the gate keeper tries to get the man to come on in, but when the man says dogs can't come in, the hillbilly decides just to keep walking down the road along with his faithful dog. They walk and walk and take a rest and then an angel comes to guide them to a different gate. There is more than this to it and I don't write it near as well as Mr. Hamner did. I am sure you will enjoy reading
    the Wikipedia version so much more. I saw that Twilight Zone episode and have never forgotten it. I don't think you will either. It made me get teary eyed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm. Praying all goes well, Debby. God bless you. That sounds like a nap I'm glad I don't have to take. Your sweet Hunter. He looks so cute and alert. Since God made Earth for human and animal habitation and it was "all very good," I have every reason to believe that when the Earth is fully renewed there will be animals, trees, etc on it just as now, but without sin and decay. I'm hoping to see Bridger and Misty and Lionel and Tuppence again. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I always wish that they could just let a person sleep after that wonderful snooze, but no, all they can think about is waking one up. Hope that you had an uneventful morning and that you are resting comfortably at home now. May this stent be just the thing to help you feel much better going forward.

    My hope and wish is that we will meet our beloved pets again...somewhere down the list from being with The Lord and our dear ones, but there all the same. You handled that sticky wicket discussion very well.

    Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think there will be animals in heaven but not sure they will be the ones that lived here on earth. Like you said, we will have to wait and see. It sure would be nice to see my Sammy Jo again. (She was a yellow lab)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your post. Here's hoping that nap was very, very relaxing. Your dog looks so sweet and how awful to have something like that happen as you readied for a trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is SO hard to lose a beloved pet ~ my heart goes out to you. The Rainbow Bridge poem has been such a comfort to me several times now - and I've never failed to send it to friends when appropriate. I didn't know there was a special day of remembrance for our lost fur-babies.
    Thanks for sharing ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heartwarming post, Debby!
    And wishing you the best with this procedure. Will keep you in my prayers :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope everything went well today. It is so hard to say goodbye to our pets, I think because they are so dependent on us. Loved your linking your thoughts to scripture. Take a look at Genesis 9. God speaks to Noah of holding man and animals accountable for spilling human blood. I take that to mean judgement...and judgement takes place before the throne...in heaven. :) I hope it is so, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The worst part of loving a pet is having to say good-bye. So hard.

    Praying that your procedure went well this morning, that you are feeling much better and on the road to recovery!! Looking forward to hearing your report . . . and hearing about that excitement you referred to!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, so sweet! We miss our dear, sweet Paige - sweetest dog we ever knew. I trust you are okay and your procedure went well. May the Lord bless you with complete healing and a happy upcoming birthday! Mine is 9/3. I guess that is why I love September so much, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing. May cat crossed the rainbow bridge just recently with cat euthanasia. I really hope all pets have a special place after their life here. Also, a little late, but sorry for Hunter.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today! Your sweet comments are such an encouragement to me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...