It's Wednesday and time for Hodgepodge once again...
...where Joyce asks the questions and we answer them on our blogs.
We went from 3 degrees to 73 degrees in a matter of five days.
The snow was pretty while it lasted and they say we may get more in a couple of weeks.
I don't mind the winter months because y'all know how much I like snow.
But even when there is no snow on the ground, there is just something about those winter skies...
...they seem to be especially heavenly in January.
They've been pink in the mornings and pink in the evenings.
Humor me as I insert some recent sky shots in amongst the hodgepodge questions.
And speaking of hodgepodge, let's get started, shall we?
1. ASAP typically stands for 'as soon as possible'. What else could it stand for in your life right now?
After pondering this question, I decided that the only way I could answer it honestly was to actually give two answers. The first is about the resolutions that I make every year and how I'm doing with them...thus my answer, ALMOST SNAIL-LIKE AND PROCRASTINATING. We have also been in the process of some major home improvement projects for the past year or two ...you all surely know those things can go...or NOT...and we are finally set up to get new floors. They were to come last Wednesday to measure so we could schedule installation and well, that didn't happen (some computer glitch...of course) so they are scheduled to be here today. It has been over two weeks since went and picked out the flooring. Need I say more? So.......it is going...AS SLOWLY AS PREDICTED.
2. Are you the last person to speak up in a group or the first to have an idea? Why do you suppose that is? Is it a good thing or no?
It really depends on who I am in a group with and what is being discussed. I tend to hold back somewhat and don't want to dominate the group or intimidate others who are sharing. I'm thoughtful like that :) I have been in groups (SS class comes to mind) where one person wants to have the floor during every discussion and it can really be intimidating and bordering on rude. Just like anything else, there should should be a happy medium. If no one else chooses to speak then I guess someone needs to...but it wouldn't be me more than likely.
3. What do you remember best about being 12?
Man, it's been so long...let me think... Back when I was twelve, there was an innocence that doesn't seem to be there in this age group today, generally speaking. When I was twelve, I was still basically a little girl playing with dolls. I had a couple of Barbies and my sister who is next to me in age would have been over fourteen and she played with me. I also had one of those dolls that had the soft body and a face like a newborn. Long after I actually played with her, I kept her wrapped up and placed her on my bed along with my collection of stuffed animals. There was no make-up either, just a short little chubby girl enjoying my place as the baby in a big family.
4. January 18th is National Winnie the Pooh Day. Which character do you relate to the most, and why? If you're stumped go here for inspiration.
I had no idea so I went "there". I'm Kanga...and I do love to camp :)
5. What's an app you use that helps simplify or make life easier for you in some way?
6. San Francisco (CA), San Diego (CA), San Juan (PR) San Antonio (TX) Sanibel (FL)...you have an all expenses paid long weekend to one of these destinations. Which one do you choose and why?
7. Share with us a song that makes you feel nostalgic? For what?
8. Insert your own random thought here.