Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Let Hodgepodge Ring


Gee, it's hard to believe that half of 2018 will be over in a few days, isn't it?
And it's always kind of messed up when the 4th of July falls in the middle of the week.
But we'll be taking a few days off anyway to go see our Tennessee bunch late that evening.



We almost always travel at night to avoid the traffic...Jim drives and I sleep. 😉
Hopefully we will avoid most of the 47 million others who will be traveling next week...
...47 MILLION...can you believe that?



I heard that on TV so surely it must be true, right?
Maybe it's just FAKE NEWS, who knows,
but I doubt seriously that those 47 million will be starting out at 3:00 am on July 5th,
heading towards Nashville...so I think we're good!
~
So it's time for some red, white an blue Hodgepodge questions.


Joyce asks the questions on her blog and we answer them on ours.

1. Security or freedom? Can you have both? Explain.

If I am understanding the question correctly, I think we should be able to have both. Freedom and security go hand in hand...both are basic rights that we all should have as human beings but when it comes to those rights, we are required to hold up our end of the deal. There is so much back and forth going on today about rights being infringed upon, etc., etc. but when it comes to going against the law or threatening others, one's freedom and security can become jeopardized, as they should be if there is reason to believe there is a real threat involved. In a perfect world, they both work together in harmony but the only 'perfect world' exists only in the heavenly realm. So until I make it there, I will place my hope in the One who gives me all the security and freedom I could ever want.

2. If you could visit any historical American site what would it be? Why?


There are many places I would love to visit, some are right here in my own state...one of them is the Biltmore Estate. I can't believe I have lived here for over 25 years and have never made it there. Another place is Pennsylvania Dutch country. Why? Although a Downton Abbey fan like me would much enjoy seeing first hand what it would be like to live in such opulence, the other part of me, the one who loves the country and rusty, crusty things, would also enjoy knowing what it's like to live that simple, polar-opposite lifestyle.

3. Free as a bird, free reign, be free of, free enterprise, free trip, walk away scot free, free for all...which 'free' phrase can best be applied to your life in recent days or weeks? Explain.

I wish I could answer this question by telling you all about the free trip that I won, but I didn't win any trip. Joyce, you've got me stumped!

4. Something in your frig that's red?



Something in your house that's white?


Something in your view that's blue? 


5. July 27th is National New Jersey Day. Have you ever visited The Garden State? No. If so where did you go? Are there diners where you live? Yes, Blue Ribbon Diner is one of our favorite places to eat. Have you tried Taylor Pork Roll? No...never heard of it. Do you like to play Monopoly? Haven't played since I was a kid. Salt water taffy-yay or nay? Depends on the flavor. How do you feel about shopping at the mall? Not a fan. Springsteen, Sinatra, or Bon Jovi-you have to pick one. There was a time I may have picked Bon Jovi but the older I get, I have found that when I do listen to secular music, I get more pleasure from easy-listening classics... so if I had to listen to one of the three, Sinatra would get my vote.

Raise your hand if you know why these add-on questions are appropriate on National NJ Day.


I'm a big dummy...I give up.

6. Insert your own random thought here.



I've been saving this one especially for this week! 😁


Have a safe and happy Fourth of July!

26 comments:

  1. Forty seven million? You'd never know it in my neck of the woods. Love your photos, especially the intro flag photos. Have a safe trip, Debby, and thank you for sharing the comment fix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cartoon is the nest ever!!! I love it!!! I may have to steal it to use for my facebook post on the 4th!!! LOL!!! Great answers and PS - your dog is adorable!! Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your answer to #1 is very well thought out and stated! Your pup doesn't look sure if he wants to be your blue model or not. LOL Love the cartoon! Thanks for the giggle. Have a blessed and happy Fourth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you are ready to see your Tenn bunch and I will pray for safe travels my friend and a fun time. Your man is better than mine. Marty will not let me drive. He has got to be some kind of tired first. Of course it may not have anything to do with the fact that the one time he did let me drive I drove 2 hours out of the way by the time he woke up!!!! YELP! I am loving that mimi! Cracked me up good. Dang, maybe I need to get me a tattoo of a flag on these old flappy arms! LOL! Happy 4th my precious friend. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always fun to read my blogging bud’s Hodge Podge answers. You make me chuckle...that cartoon...oy vey! Happy 4th of July travels and, though it may feel at times as if all 47 million are traveling the same highway...especially at that awful hour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you sure that you don’t feel as free as a bird? A little Yankee Doodle Dandy bluebird!

      Delete
  6. Loved your answer but in view of previous conversations may seriously consider getting a flag tattooed on both upper arms! lol
    Have a great day- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you will have safe travels and also a wonderful time with family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a safe trip. No traveling for us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Debby lovely post ,hope you have a lovely time with family and boy 47 million that a lot of cars on the road,lol. Love that cartoon,hope you have a wonderful day my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The last 'photo' did make me smile. I have always wondered about those who have tattoos allover, and their crinkly, flappy older bodies....not a pretty sight. =) Perhaps those 47 million are going your way just to see you. Have a fabulous celebration with your family, lovely Debby.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You always do the best job answering the HP questions. I looked at them and just decided they would stress my brain, so I skipped this week. :0) Really enjoyed your answer to #1. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Most enjoyable, Debby. The cartoon is the BEST. Stay safe on the road - 46,999,999 other drivers to dodge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this Debby and the flag photos are breathtaking! Thinking of getting a flag tattoo on my flabby arms. lol!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  14. The cartoon...hilarious! Your puppy...aww, so sweet and seems to be saying "Really, Mom? You have to take my picture while I'm eating?" You haven't been to Biltmore Estate? Go! I was there a few years back and it's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all your replies! I used to live outside Lancaster and also Pennsylvania Dutch Country and have visited them... it is really a neat experience. When we were riding in a horse and buggy to tour the farms a couple little girls came running out to see if we would buy their prayer rocks... of course we did! A simple life, but hard work too! The Biltmore is amazing Jerry and I toured it years ago before having kids and we have been talking about taking them back there. It's so worth it!! Have an amazing weekend and 4th of July! Travel safely!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  16. If I were one for a tattoo, I would have to join Madge! 😉 I'm carefu, like the Queen, and gently raise my arm with a simple wave. Good ole age. 😞
    Another enjoyable post as I learn more of you.

    Enjoy your time away~

    ReplyDelete
  17. I enjoyed reading your hodgepodge, Debby. Funny tattoo cartoon. I can't believe I've been to the Biltmore and you haven't. Go when the gardens are full of the blooms you enjoy. The only reason I was there was because of a cross country trip driving our daughter back to Camp Lejeune before her hubby arrived home from deployment to Afghanistan. It was close enough on our route that we made an overnight stay. We were there when all the azaleas were in full bloom. Beautiful. (Beginning of May) Happy new week to you and Happy 4th of July, too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yikes! Safe travels to you! I've been to Biltmore a couple of times. It is beautiful and worth the trip. Also, right now and through October I believe there is a Dale Chihuly exhibit in the gardens. We are making plans to go see that because I'm a big fan of his glass work.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Same to you, Debby! Have a fun and safe trip.

    Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, your photos are SO beautiful! And, that funny cartoon at the end is just hilarious! Happy 4th of July, my friend! God bless you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. A hodgepodge post is always a fun read....love those flag photos ! :) Simply gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh gosh I got to that cute little pup and forgot everything else I read hahahaha! ADORABLE - what a face!! I'm dog-deprived since our pup died in April and now all I do is run after people with dogs to pet them. My husband is getting worried about me lol. ANYWAY . . . I too just can't believe the 4th is past . . . trying to soak up as much of summer and this wonderful heat because I know it won't be long before they're talking about the "S" word on the weather report . . .

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey friend! You take really good photos! I always love seeing what you are seeing lately :)
    Sweet doggy and I love the flapping flag.. I have a few places that a flag would work but I'm scared of needles... lol Hope you had a happy 4th!
    Hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hope your travels were good, and that you are having / had a wonderful time with family.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today! Your sweet comments are such an encouragement to me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...